SuSE 10 Security Update : Mozilla Firefox (ZYPP Patch Number 7101)
High Nessus Plugin ID 49894
SynopsisThe remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
DescriptionThis update brings Mozilla Firefox to the 3.5.11 security release.
It fixes following security issues :
- Several memory safety bugs in habe been identified in the browser engine used in Firefox and other Mozilla-based products. Some of these bugs show evidence of memory corruption under certain circumstances, and it is presumed that with enough effort at least some of these could be exploited to run arbitrary code. . (MFSA 2010-34 / CVE-2010-1211)
- An error in the DOM attribute cloning routine has been reported, where under certain circumstances an event attribute node can be deleted while another object still contains a reference to it. This reference could subsequently be accessed, potentially causing the execution of attacker controlled memory. . (MFSA 2010-35 / CVE-2010-1208)
- An error in Mozilla's implementation of NodeIterator has been reported which can be used to create a malicious NodeFilter to detach nodes from the DOM tree while it is being traversed. The use of a detached and subsequently deleted node could result in the execution of attacker controlled memory. . (MFSA 2010-36 / CVE-2010-1209)
- An error in the code used to store the names and values of plugin parameter elements has been found. A malicious page could embed plugin content containing a very large number of parameter elements which would cause an overflow in the integer value counting them. This integer is later used for allocation of a memory buffer to store the plugin parameters. Under such conditions, a buffer that is too small would be created and attacker controlled data could be written past the end of the buffer, potentially resulting in code execution. . (MFSA 2010-37 / CVE-2010-1214)
- An array class used to store CSS values contains an integer overflow vulnerability. A 16 bit integer used to allocate the memory for the array could overflow, resulting in too small a buffer being created. When the array is later populated with CSS values, data could be written past the end of the buffer, potentially resulting in the execution of attacker controlled memory. . (MFSA 2010-39 / CVE-2010-2752)
- An integer overflow vulnerability in the implementation of the XUL <tree> element's selection attribute has been found. When the size of a new selection is sufficiently large, the integer used in calculating the length of the selection can overflow, resulting in a bogus range being marked as selected. When adjustSelection is then called on the bogus range, the range is deleted, leaving dangling references to the ranges. These could be used by an attacker to call into deleted memory and run arbitrary code on a victim's computer. . (MFSA 2010-40 / CVE-2010-2753)
- A buffer overflow in Mozilla graphics code which consumes image data processed by libpng has been reported. A malformed PNG file could be created causing libpng to report an incorrect size of the image. When the dimensions of such images are underreported, the Mozilla code displaying the graphic will allocate a memory buffer to small to contain the image data and will wind up writing data past the end of the buffer.
This could result in the execution of attacker-controlled memory. . (MFSA 2010-41 / CVE-2010-1205)
- Two methods for spoofing the content of the location bar have been reported. The first method works by opening a new window containing a resource that responds with an HTTP 204 (no content) and then using the reference to the new window to insert HTML content into the blank document. The second location bar spoofing method does not require that the resource opened in a new window respond with 204, as long as the opener calls window.stop() before the document is loaded. In either case a user could be mislead about the correct location of the document they are currently viewing. . (MFSA 2010-45 / CVE-2010-1206)
(MFSA 2010-46 / CVE-2010-0654)
- Potentially sensitive URL parameters can be leaked across domains upon script errors when the script filename and line number is included in the error message. . (MFSA 2010-47 / CVE-2010-2754)
SolutionApply ZYPP patch number 7101.