IBM WebSphere Application Server < 188.8.131.52 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 41057
SynopsisThe remote application server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionIBM WebSphere Application Server 6.1 before Fix Pack 27 appears to be running on the remote host. As such, it is reportedly affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- The Eclipse help system included with WebSphere Application Server is affected by a cross-site scripting vulnerability. (PK78917)
- It may be possible to bypass security restrictions using a specially crafted HTTP HEAD method. (PK83258)
- New applications deployed in WebSphere Application Server for z/OS prior to 1.8 are saved on the file system with insecure privileges resulting in disclosure of sensitive information. (PK83308)
- If JAAS-J2C Authentication Data is configured using wsadmin scripts, the password value may appear in FFDC logs. (PK86137)
- Apache APR-util is affected by a denial of service issue. (PK88341)
- Due to an error in expat XML parser, APR-util is affected by a denial of service issue. (PK88342)
- It may be possible to trigger a denial of service attack due to errors in Fix Packs 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11. (PK91709)
SolutionIf using WebSphere Application Server, apply Fix Pack 27 (18.104.22.168) or later.
Otherwise, if using embedded WebSphere Application Server packaged with Tivoli Directory Server, apply the latest recommended eWAS fix pack.