SynopsisThe remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
DescriptionThis kernel update fixes the following security problems :
- The ftdi_sio driver allowed local users to cause a denial of service (memory consumption) by writing more data to the serial port than the hardware can handle, which causes the data to be queued. This requires this driver to be loaded, which only happens if such a device is plugged in. (CVE-2006-2936)
- A deadlock in mincore that could be caused by local attackers was fixed. (CVE-2006-4814)
- Multiple buffer overflows in the cmtp_recv_interopmsg function in the Bluetooth driver (net/bluetooth/cmtp/capi.c) in the Linux kernel allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) and possibly execute arbitrary code via CAPI messages with a large value for the length of the (1) manu (manufacturer) or (2) serial (serial number) field.
- The isdn_ppp_ccp_reset_alloc_state function in drivers/isdn/isdn_ppp.c in the Linux kernel does not call the init_timer function for the ISDN PPP CCP reset state timer, which has unknown attack vectors and results in a system crash. (CVE-2006-5749)
- Unspecified vulnerability in the listxattr system call in Linux kernel, when a 'bad inode' is present, allows local users to cause a denial of service (data corruption) and possibly gain privileges.
- A remote denial of service problem on NFSv2 mounts with ACL enabled was fixed.
and the following non security bugs :
- patches.xen/xen-x86_64-agp: add missing header [#222174] [#224170]
- patches.fixes/dcache-race-during-umount: Fix dcache race during umount [#136310] [#151638]
- patches.arch/x86_64-kdump-bootmem-fix: Handle reserve_bootmem_generic beyond end_pfn [#179093]
- patches.fixes/rpc-no-paranoia: Ratelimit some messages from SUNRPC servers (nfsd) [#190178]
- patches.fixes/nfs-lock-warning-removal: Remove useless warning about VFS being out of sync with lock manager [#192813]
- patches.fixes/acpiphp-fix-ibm-hotplug-oops.patch: Fix acpiphp oops when hotplug is performed on an IBM 8864/6 [#203923]
- patches.fixes/oom-child-kill-fix.patch: OOM: prevent OOM_DISABLE tasks from being killed when out of memory [#211859]
- patches.drivers/alsa-control-warning-fix: Fix bogus kernel error messages from ALSA control.c [#212484]
- patches.fixes/init_isolcpus.diff: sched: force /sbin/init off isolated cpus [#216799]
- patches.fixes/ocfs2-network-send-lock.diff: fix regression that caused the idle timer not to be reset during packet processing [#216912]
- patches.fixes/workqueue_cpu_deadlock-fix.diff: [PATCH] workqueue: fix deadlock when workqueue func takes the workqueue mutex [#217222]
- patches.drivers/open-iscsi-handle-check-condition: Host lockups then Reboots when an iSCSI session is attempted [#219968]
- patches.arch/ia64-fp-rate-limit: [ia64] Reduce overhead of FP exception logging messages. [#223314]
- patches.arch/ia64-sn2-bte_unaligned_copy-overrun: [ia64] Avert transfer of extra cache line by bte_unaligned_copy(). [#224166]
- patches.fixes/natsemi-long-cable-fix: natsemi: make cable length magic configurable [#225091]
- patches.fixes/sunrpc-randomize-xids: SUNRPC: NFS_ROOT always uses the same XIDs [#225251]
- patches.drivers/usb-funsoft-hwinfo.patch: USB: fix hwinfo issue with funsoft driver [#226661] patches.fixes/fix-ext3-kmalloc-flags-with-journal-handle .diff: ext3: use GFP_NOFS for allocations while holding journal handle [#228694]
- patches.fixes/nfs-tcp-reconnect-on-error: RPC: Ensure that we disconnect TCP socket when client requests error out [#230210]
- patches.fixes/sunrpc-listen-race: knfsd: Fix race that can disable NFS server. [#230287] patches.drivers/pci-quirk-1k-i-o-space-iobl_adr-fix-on-p 64h2.patch: PCI Quirk: 1k I/O space IOBL_ADR fix on P64H2 [#230365]
- patches.drivers/ide-generic-fix-JMB-entries: [PATCH] ide-generic: fix JMB handling [#231218] [#207939]
- patches.drivers/qla2xxx-block-error-handler: crash in qla2xxx driver during error recovery [#232957]
- patches.fixes/loop_early_wakeup_fix.diff: Fix oops in loopback device during mount. [#232992]
- patches.fixes/nfs-jiffie-wrap: Avoid extra GETATTR calls caused by 'jiffie wrap'. [#233155]
- add patches.fixes/atalk_sendmsg-crash.patch Fix potential OOPS in atalk_sendmsg() [#235049]
ext3_readdir: use generic readahead [#228682] [#235302]
[PATCH] ide: fix drive side 80c cable detection [#237164]
- patches.fixes/xfs-kern-28000a-buffer-unwritten-new: Set the buffer new flag on writes to unwritten XFS extents.
This fixes a corruption in preallocated files on XFS [#237908]
- patches.drivers/ide-atiixp-fix-cable-detection: [PATCH] atiixp: fix cable detection [#241403]
[PATCH] atiixp: SB600 has only one channel [#241403]
- patches.fixes/md-avoid-bitmap-overflow: Avoid possible BUG_ON in md bitmap handling. [#242180]
- patches.fixes/ocfs2-loop-aops-hack.diff: ocfs2/loop:
forbid use of aops when inappropriate [#242200]
SolutionApply ZYPP patch number 2606.