openSUSE 10 Security Update : kernel (kernel-2705)
High Nessus Plugin ID 27293
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis kernel update fixes the following security problems :
- CVE-2006-5751: An integer overflow in the networking bridge ioctl starting with Kernel 2.6.7 could be used by local attackers to overflow kernel memory buffers and potentially escalate privileges [#222656]
- CVE-2006-6106: Multiple buffer overflows in the cmtp_recv_interopmsg function in the Bluetooth driver (net/bluetooth/cmtp/capi.c) in the Linux kernel allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (crash) and possibly execute arbitrary code via CAPI messages with a large value for the length of the (1) manu (manufacturer) or (2) serial (serial number) field.
- CVE-2006-5749: The isdn_ppp_ccp_reset_alloc_state function in drivers/isdn/isdn_ppp.c in the Linux kernel does not call the init_timer function for the ISDN PPP CCP reset state timer, which has unknown attack vectors and results in a system crash. [#229619]
- CVE-2006-5753: Unspecified vulnerability in the listxattr system call in Linux kernel, when a 'bad inode' is present, allows local users to cause a denial of service (data corruption) and possibly gain privileges. [#230270]
- CVE-2007-0006: The key serial number collision avoidance code in the key_alloc_serial function allows local users to cause a denial of service (crash) via vectors that trigger a null dereference. [#243003]
- CVE-2007-0772: A remote denial of service problem on NFSv2 mounts with ACL enabled was fixed. [#244909]
Furthermore, it catches up to the mainline kernel, version 220.127.116.11, and contains a large number of additional fixes for non security bugs.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.