FreeBSD : php -- multiple vulnerabilities (71d903fc-602d-11dc-898c-001921ab2fa4)
High Nessus Plugin ID 26038
SynopsisThe remote FreeBSD host is missing one or more security-related updates.
DescriptionThe PHP development team reports :
Security Enhancements and Fixes in PHP 5.2.4 :
- Fixed a floating point exception inside wordwrap() (Reported by Mattias Bengtsson)
- Fixed several integer overflows inside the GD extension (Reported by Mattias Bengtsson)
- Fixed size calculation in chunk_split() (Reported by Gerhard Wagner)
- Fixed integer overflow in str[c]spn(). (Reported by Mattias Bengtsson)
- Fixed money_format() not to accept multiple %i or %n tokens.
(Reported by Stanislav Malyshev)
- Fixed zend_alter_ini_entry() memory_limit interruption vulnerability. (Reported by Stefan Esser)
- Fixed INFILE LOCAL option handling with MySQL extensions not to be allowed when open_basedir or safe_mode is active. (Reported by Mattias Bengtsson)
- Fixed session.save_path and error_log values to be checked against open_basedir and safe_mode (CVE-2007-3378) (Reported by Maksymilian Arciemowicz)
- Fixed a possible invalid read in glob() win32 implementation (CVE-2007-3806) (Reported by shinnai)
- Fixed a possible buffer overflow in php_openssl_make_REQ (Reported by zatanzlatan at hotbrev dot com)
- Fixed an open_basedir bypass inside glob() function (Reported by dr at peytz dot dk)
- Fixed a possible open_basedir bypass inside session extension when the session file is a symlink (Reported by c dot i dot morris at durham dot ac dot uk)
- Improved fix for MOPB-03-2007.
- Corrected fix for CVE-2007-2872.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.