SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral remote vulnerabilities have been discovered in PHP, a server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language, which may lead to the execution of arbitrary code. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project identifies the following problems :
- CVE-2007-1286 Stefan Esser discovered an overflow in the object reference handling code of the unserialize() function, which allows the execution of arbitrary code if malformed input is passed from an application.
- CVE-2007-1380 Stefan Esser discovered that the session handler performs insufficient validation of variable name length values, which allows information disclosure through a heap information leak.
- CVE-2007-1521 Stefan Esser discovered a double free vulnerability in the session_regenerate_id() function, which allows the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2007-1711 Stefan Esser discovered a double free vulnerability in the session management code, which allows the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2007-1718 Stefan Esser discovered that the mail() function performs insufficient validation of folded mail headers, which allows mail header injection.
- CVE-2007-1777 Stefan Esser discovered that the extension to handle ZIP archives performs insufficient length checks, which allows the execution of arbitrary code.
SolutionUpgrade the PHP packages. Packages for the arm, m68k, mips and mipsel architectures are not yet available. They will be provided later.
For the oldstable distribution (sarge) these problems have been fixed in version 4.3.10-20.
For the stable distribution (etch) these problems have been fixed in version 4.4.4-8+etch2.
File Name: debian_DSA-1282.nasl
Supported Sensors: Frictionless Assessment Agent, Nessus Agent
CPE: p-cpe:/a:debian:debian_linux:php4, cpe:/o:debian:debian_linux:3.1, cpe:/o:debian:debian_linux:4.0
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/Debian/release, Host/Debian/dpkg-l
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 4/26/2007
Metasploit (PHP 4 unserialize() ZVAL Reference Counter Overflow (Cookie))