SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote SUSE Linux SLES15 host has a package installed that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the SUSE-SU-2023:3612-1 advisory.
- In the Linux kernel, pick_next_rt_entity() may return a type confused entry, not detected by the BUG_ON condition, as the confused entry will not be NULL, but list_head.The buggy error condition would lead to a type confused entry with the list head,which would then be used as a type confused sched_rt_entity,causing memory corruption. (CVE-2023-1077)
- A vulnerability was found in compare_netdev_and_ip in drivers/infiniband/core/cma.c in RDMA in the Linux Kernel. The improper cleanup results in out-of-boundary read, where a local user can utilize this problem to crash the system or escalation of privilege. (CVE-2023-2176)
- A heap out-of-bounds write vulnerability in the Linux Kernel ipvlan network driver can be exploited to achieve local privilege escalation. The out-of-bounds write is caused by missing skb->cb initialization in the ipvlan network driver. The vulnerability is reachable if CONFIG_IPVLAN is enabled. We recommend upgrading past commit 90cbed5247439a966b645b34eb0a2e037836ea8e. (CVE-2023-3090)
- In the Linux kernel through 6.3.1, a use-after-free in Netfilter nf_tables when processing batch requests can be abused to perform arbitrary read and write operations on kernel memory. Unprivileged local users can obtain root privileges. This occurs because anonymous sets are mishandled. (CVE-2023-32233)
- Linux Kernel nftables Out-Of-Bounds Read/Write Vulnerability; nft_byteorder poorly handled vm register contents when CAP_NET_ADMIN is in any user or network namespace (CVE-2023-35001)
- A use-after-free flaw was found in vcs_read in drivers/tty/vt/vc_screen.c in vc_screen in the Linux Kernel. This flaw allows an attacker with local user access to cause a system crash or leak internal kernel information. (CVE-2023-3567)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel-livepatch-5_3_18-150200_24_126-default package.
File Name: suse_SU-2023-3612-1.nasl
Supported Sensors: Frictionless Assessment AWS, Frictionless Assessment Azure, Frictionless Assessment Agent, Nessus Agent, Agentless Assessment
Temporal Vector: CVSS:3.0/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-livepatch-5_3_18-150200_24_126-default, cpe:/o:novell:suse_linux:15
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/cpu, Host/SuSE/release, Host/SuSE/rpm-list
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 9/15/2023
Vulnerability Publication Date: 3/27/2023