SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote SUSE Linux SLES15 host has packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the SUSE-SU-2022:3809-1 advisory.
- The einj_error_inject function in drivers/acpi/apei/einj.c in the Linux kernel allows local users to simulate hardware errors and consequently cause a denial of service by leveraging failure to disable APEI error injection through EINJ when securelevel is set. (CVE-2016-3695)
- Use-after-free vulnerability in the Linux kernel exploitable by a local attacker due to reuse of a DCCP socket with an attached dccps_hc_tx_ccid object as a listener after being released. Fixed in Ubuntu Linux kernel 5.4.0-51.56, 5.3.0-68.63, 4.15.0-121.123, 4.4.0-193.224, 220.127.116.11.191 and 3.2.0-149.196.
- A vulnerability was found in the Linux kernel, where accessing a deallocated instance in printer_ioctl() printer_ioctl() tries to access of a printer_dev instance. However, use-after-free arises because it had been freed by gprinter_free(). (CVE-2020-27784)
- A data leak flaw was found in the way XFS_IOC_ALLOCSP IOCTL in the XFS filesystem allowed for size increase of files with unaligned size. A local attacker could use this flaw to leak data on the XFS filesystem otherwise not accessible to them. (CVE-2021-4155)
- A use-after-free read flaw was found in sock_getsockopt() in net/core/sock.c due to SO_PEERCRED and SO_PEERGROUPS race with listen() (and connect()) in the Linux kernel. In this flaw, an attacker with a user privileges may crash the system or leak internal kernel information. (CVE-2021-4203)
- Product: AndroidVersions: Android kernelAndroid ID: A-224546354References: Upstream kernel (CVE-2022-20368)
- In v4l2_m2m_querybuf of v4l2-mem2mem.c, there is a possible out of bounds write due to improper input validation. This could lead to local escalation of privilege with System execution privileges needed. User interaction is not needed for exploitation.Product: AndroidVersions: Android kernelAndroid ID:
A-223375145References: Upstream kernel (CVE-2022-20369)
- Dm-verity is used for extending root-of-trust to root filesystems. LoadPin builds on this property to restrict module/firmware loads to just the trusted root filesystem. Device-mapper table reloads currently allow users with root privileges to switch out the target with an equivalent dm-linear target and bypass verification till reboot. This allows root to bypass LoadPin and can be used to load untrusted and unverified kernel modules and firmware, which implies arbitrary kernel execution and persistence for peripherals that do not verify firmware updates. We recommend upgrading past commit 4caae58406f8ceb741603eee460d79bacca9b1b5 (CVE-2022-2503)
- kernel: nf_tables cross-table potential use-after-free may lead to local privilege escalation (CVE-2022-2586)
- kernel: a use-after-free in cls_route filter implementation may lead to privilege escalation (CVE-2022-2588)
- Non-transparent sharing of return predictor targets between contexts in some Intel(R) Processors may allow an authorized user to potentially enable information disclosure via local access. (CVE-2022-26373)
- An issue was found in the Linux kernel in nf_conntrack_irc where the message handling can be confused and incorrectly matches the message. A firewall may be able to be bypassed when users are using unencrypted IRC with nf_conntrack_irc configured. (CVE-2022-2663)
- An out-of-bounds memory read flaw was found in the Linux kernel's BPF subsystem in how a user calls the bpf_tail_call function with a key larger than the max_entries of the map. This flaw allows a local user to gain unauthorized access to data. (CVE-2022-2905)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel implementation of proxied virtualized TPM devices. On a system where virtualized TPM devices are configured (this is not the default) a local attacker can create a use-after- free and create a situation where it may be possible to escalate privileges on the system. (CVE-2022-2977)
- A race condition was found in the Linux kernel's IP framework for transforming packets (XFRM subsystem) when multiple calls to xfrm_probe_algs occurred simultaneously. This flaw could allow a local attacker to potentially trigger an out-of-bounds write or leak kernel heap memory by performing an out-of-bounds read and copying it into a socket. (CVE-2022-3028)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel. A denial of service flaw may occur if there is a consecutive request of the NVME_IOCTL_RESET and the NVME_IOCTL_SUBSYS_RESET through the device file of the driver, resulting in a PCIe link disconnect. (CVE-2022-3169)
- The Linux kernel before 5.17.9 allows TCP servers to identify clients by observing what source ports are used. This occurs because of use of Algorithm 4 (Double-Hash Port Selection Algorithm) of RFC 6056.
- A flaw use after free in the Linux kernel video4linux driver was found in the way user triggers em28xx_usb_probe() for the Empia 28xx based TV cards. A local user could use this flaw to crash the system or potentially escalate their privileges on the system. (CVE-2022-3239)
- A race condition flaw was found in the Linux kernel sound subsystem due to improper locking. It could lead to a NULL pointer dereference while handling the SNDCTL_DSP_SYNC ioctl. A privileged local user (root or member of the audio group) could use this flaw to crash the system, resulting in a denial of service condition (CVE-2022-3303)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 5.18.14. xfrm_expand_policies in net/xfrm/xfrm_policy.c can cause a refcount to be dropped twice. (CVE-2022-36879)
- An issue was discovered in include/asm-generic/tlb.h in the Linux kernel before 5.19. Because of a race condition (unmap_mapping_range versus munmap), a device driver can free a page while it still has stale TLB entries. This only occurs in situations with VM_PFNMAP VMAs. (CVE-2022-39188)
- An issue was discovered in net/netfilter/nf_tables_api.c in the Linux kernel before 5.19.6. A denial of service can occur upon binding to an already bound chain. (CVE-2022-39190)
- drivers/scsi/stex.c in the Linux kernel through 5.19.9 allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory because stex_queuecommand_lck lacks a memset for the PASSTHRU_CMD case.
- In drivers/media/dvb-core/dmxdev.c in the Linux kernel through 5.19.10, there is a use-after-free caused by refcount races, affecting dvb_demux_open and dvb_dmxdev_release. (CVE-2022-41218)
- mm/mremap.c in the Linux kernel before 5.13.3 has a use-after-free via a stale TLB because an rmap lock is not held during a PUD move. (CVE-2022-41222)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.19.16. Attackers able to inject WLAN frames could cause a buffer overflow in the ieee80211_bss_info_update function in net/mac80211/scan.c. (CVE-2022-41674)
- drivers/char/pcmcia/synclink_cs.c in the Linux kernel through 5.19.12 has a race condition and resultant use-after-free if a physically proximate attacker removes a PCMCIA device while calling ioctl, aka a race condition between mgslpc_ioctl and mgslpc_detach. (CVE-2022-41848)
- drivers/video/fbdev/smscufx.c in the Linux kernel through 5.19.12 has a race condition and resultant use- after-free if a physically proximate attacker removes a USB device while calling open(), aka a race condition between ufx_ops_open and ufx_usb_disconnect. (CVE-2022-41849)
- A use-after-free in the mac80211 stack when parsing a multi-BSSID element in the Linux kernel 5.2 through 5.19.x before 5.19.16 could be used by attackers (able to inject WLAN frames) to crash the kernel and potentially execute code. (CVE-2022-42719)
- Various refcounting bugs in the multi-BSS handling in the mac80211 stack in the Linux kernel 5.1 through 5.19.x before 5.19.16 could be used by local attackers (able to inject WLAN frames) to trigger use-after- free conditions to potentially execute code. (CVE-2022-42720)
- A list management bug in BSS handling in the mac80211 stack in the Linux kernel 5.1 through 5.19.x before 5.19.16 could be used by local attackers (able to inject WLAN frames) to corrupt a linked list and, in turn, potentially execute code. (CVE-2022-42721)
- In the Linux kernel 5.8 through 5.19.x before 5.19.16, local attackers able to inject WLAN frames into the mac80211 stack could cause a NULL pointer dereference denial-of-service attack against the beacon protection of P2P devices. (CVE-2022-42722)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.
File Name: suse_SU-2022-3809-1.nasl
Supported Sensors: Frictionless Assessment AWS, Frictionless Assessment Azure, Frictionless Assessment Agent, Nessus Agent, Agentless Assessment
Temporal Vector: CVSS:3.0/E:H/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:cluster-md-kmp-rt, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:dlm-kmp-rt, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:gfs2-kmp-rt, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-devel-rt, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-rt, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-rt-devel, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-rt_debug-devel, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-source-rt, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-syms-rt, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:ocfs2-kmp-rt, cpe:/o:novell:suse_linux:15
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/cpu, Host/SuSE/release, Host/SuSE/rpm-list
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 10/31/2022
Vulnerability Publication Date: 12/29/2017
CVE: CVE-2016-3695, CVE-2020-16119, CVE-2020-27784, CVE-2021-4155, CVE-2021-4203, CVE-2022-20368, CVE-2022-20369, CVE-2022-2503, CVE-2022-2586, CVE-2022-2588, CVE-2022-26373, CVE-2022-2663, CVE-2022-2905, CVE-2022-2977, CVE-2022-3028, CVE-2022-3169, CVE-2022-32296, CVE-2022-3239, CVE-2022-3303, CVE-2022-36879, CVE-2022-39188, CVE-2022-39190, CVE-2022-40768, CVE-2022-41218, CVE-2022-41222, CVE-2022-41674, CVE-2022-41848, CVE-2022-41849, CVE-2022-42719, CVE-2022-42720, CVE-2022-42721, CVE-2022-42722