SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote SUSE Linux SLES12 / SLES_SAP12 host has a package installed that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the SUSE-SU-2022:1129-1 advisory.
- The opj_tgt_reset function in OpenJpeg 2016.1.18 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds read and application crash) via a crafted JPEG 2000 image. (CVE-2016-1924)
- The sycc422_t_rgb function in common/color.c in OpenJPEG before 2.1.1 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds read) via a crafted jpeg2000 file. (CVE-2016-3183)
- Divide-by-zero vulnerability in the opj_tcd_init_tile function in tcd.c in OpenJPEG before 2.1.1 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) via a crafted jp2 file. NOTE: this issue exists because of an incorrect fix for CVE-2014-7947. (CVE-2016-4797)
- Division-by-zero vulnerabilities in the functions pi_next_pcrl, pi_next_cprl, and pi_next_rpcl in lib/openjp3d/pi.c in OpenJPEG through 2.3.0 allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash). (CVE-2018-14423)
- An issue was discovered in OpenJPEG 2.3.0. Missing checks for header_info.height and header_info.width in the function pnmtoimage in bin/jpwl/convert.c can lead to a heap-based buffer overflow. (CVE-2018-16375)
- An issue was discovered in OpenJPEG 2.3.0. A heap-based buffer overflow was discovered in the function t2_encode_packet in lib/openmj2/t2.c. The vulnerability causes an out-of-bounds write, which may lead to remote denial of service or possibly unspecified other impact. (CVE-2018-16376)
- Division-by-zero vulnerabilities in the functions pi_next_pcrl, pi_next_cprl, and pi_next_rpcl in openmj2/pi.c in OpenJPEG through 2.3.0 allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash). (CVE-2018-20845)
- Out-of-bounds accesses in the functions pi_next_lrcp, pi_next_rlcp, pi_next_rpcl, pi_next_pcrl, pi_next_rpcl, and pi_next_cprl in openmj2/pi.c in OpenJPEG through 2.3.0 allow remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash). (CVE-2018-20846)
- jp2/opj_decompress.c in OpenJPEG through 2.3.1 has a use-after-free that can be triggered if there is a mix of valid and invalid files in a directory operated on by the decompressor. Triggering a double-free may also be possible. This is related to calling opj_image_destroy twice. (CVE-2020-15389)
- A flaw was found in OpenJPEG's encoder. This flaw allows an attacker to pass specially crafted x,y offset input to OpenJPEG to use during encoding. The highest threat from this vulnerability is to confidentiality, integrity, as well as system availability. (CVE-2020-27823)
- opj_t1_clbl_decode_processor in openjp2/t1.c in OpenJPEG 2.3.1 through 2020-01-28 has a heap-based buffer overflow in the qmfbid==1 case, a different issue than CVE-2020-6851. (CVE-2020-8112)
- Integer Overflow in OpenJPEG v2.4.0 allows remote attackers to crash the application, causing a Denial of Service (DoS). This occurs when the attacker uses the command line option -ImgDir on a directory that contains 1048576 files. (CVE-2021-29338)
- A flaw was found in the opj2_decompress program in openjpeg2 2.4.0 in the way it handles an input directory with a large number of files. When it fails to allocate a buffer to store the filenames of the input directory, it calls free() on an uninitialized pointer, leading to a segmentation fault and a denial of service. (CVE-2022-1122)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected libopenjp2-7 package.
File Name: suse_SU-2022-1129-1.nasl
Supported Sensors: Agentless Assessment, Frictionless Assessment Agent, Frictionless Assessment AWS, Frictionless Assessment Azure, Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: CVSS:3.0/E:P/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:libopenjp2-7, cpe:/o:novell:suse_linux:12
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/cpu, Host/SuSE/release, Host/SuSE/rpm-list
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 4/7/2022
Vulnerability Publication Date: 1/18/2016
CVE: CVE-2016-1924, CVE-2016-3183, CVE-2016-4797, CVE-2018-14423, CVE-2018-16375, CVE-2018-16376, CVE-2018-20845, CVE-2018-20846, CVE-2020-15389, CVE-2020-27823, CVE-2020-8112, CVE-2021-29338, CVE-2022-1122