SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote SUSE Linux SLES15 / SLES_SAP15 host has packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the SUSE-SU-2021:3969-1 advisory.
- Systems with microprocessors utilizing speculative execution and speculative execution of memory reads before the addresses of all prior memory writes are known may allow unauthorized disclosure of information to an attacker with local user access via a side-channel analysis, aka Speculative Store Bypass (SSB), Variant 4. (CVE-2018-3639)
- In pppol2tp_connect, there is possible memory corruption due to a use after free. This could lead to local escalation of privilege with System execution privileges needed. User interaction is not needed for exploitation. Product: Android. Versions: Android kernel. Android ID: A-38159931. (CVE-2018-9517)
- The SCTP socket buffer used by a userspace application is not accounted by the cgroups subsystem. An attacker can use this flaw to cause a denial of service attack. Kernel 3.10.x and 4.18.x branches are believed to be vulnerable. (CVE-2019-3874)
- An infinite loop issue was found in the vhost_net kernel module in Linux Kernel up to and including v5.1-rc6, while handling incoming packets in handle_rx(). It could occur if one end sends packets faster than the other end can process them. A guest user, maybe remote one, could use this flaw to stall the vhost_net kernel thread, resulting in a DoS scenario. (CVE-2019-3900)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel through 5.6.11. sg_write lacks an sg_remove_request call in a certain failure case, aka CID-83c6f2390040. (CVE-2020-12770)
- u'Specifically timed and handcrafted traffic can cause internal errors in a WLAN device that lead to improper layer 2 Wi-Fi encryption with a consequent possibility of information disclosure over the air for a discrete set of traffic' in Snapdragon Auto, Snapdragon Compute, Snapdragon Connectivity, Snapdragon Consumer IOT, Snapdragon Industrial IOT, Snapdragon Mobile, Snapdragon Voice & Music, Snapdragon Wearables, Snapdragon Wired Infrastructure and Networking in APQ8053, IPQ4019, IPQ8064, MSM8909W, MSM8996AU, QCA9531, QCN5502, QCS405, SDX20, SM6150, SM7150 (CVE-2020-3702)
- In bpf_skb_change_head of filter.c, there is a possible out of bounds read due to a use after free. This could lead to local escalation of privilege with System execution privileges needed. User interaction is not needed for exploitation.Product: AndroidVersions: Android kernelAndroid ID: A-154177719References:
Upstream kernel (CVE-2021-0941)
- A flaw was found in s390 eBPF JIT in bpf_jit_insn in arch/s390/net/bpf_jit_comp.c in the Linux kernel. In this flaw, a local attacker with special user privilege can circumvent the verifier and may lead to a confidentiality problem. (CVE-2021-20320)
- A flaw in the processing of received ICMP errors (ICMP fragment needed and ICMP redirect) in the Linux kernel functionality was found to allow the ability to quickly scan open UDP ports. This flaw allows an off-path remote user to effectively bypass the source port UDP randomization. The highest threat from this vulnerability is to confidentiality and possibly integrity, because software that relies on UDP source port randomization are indirectly affected as well. (CVE-2021-20322)
- An issue was discovered in Linux: KVM through Improper handling of VM_IO|VM_PFNMAP vmas in KVM can bypass RO checks and can lead to pages being freed while still accessible by the VMM and guest. This allows users with the ability to start and control a VM to read/write random pages of memory and can result in local privilege escalation. (CVE-2021-22543)
- An out-of-bounds (OOB) memory write flaw was found in list_devices in drivers/md/dm-ioctl.c in the Multi- device driver module in the Linux kernel before 5.12. A bound check failure allows an attacker with special user (CAP_SYS_ADMIN) privilege to gain access to out-of-bounds memory leading to a system crash or a leak of internal kernel information. The highest threat from this vulnerability is to system availability. (CVE-2021-31916)
- The Linux kernel before 5.11.14 has a use-after-free in cipso_v4_genopt in net/ipv4/cipso_ipv4.c because the CIPSO and CALIPSO refcounting for the DOI definitions is mishandled, aka CID-ad5d07f4a9cd. This leads to writing an arbitrary value. (CVE-2021-33033)
- In the Linux kernel through 5.13.7, an unprivileged BPF program can obtain sensitive information from kernel memory via a Speculative Store Bypass side-channel attack because the protection mechanism neglects the possibility of uninitialized memory locations on the BPF stack. (CVE-2021-34556)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's CAPI over Bluetooth connection code. An attacker with a local account can escalate privileges when CAPI (ISDN) hardware connection fails. (CVE-2021-34981)
- In the Linux kernel through 5.13.7, an unprivileged BPF program can obtain sensitive information from kernel memory via a Speculative Store Bypass side-channel attack because a certain preempting store operation does not necessarily occur before a store operation that has an attacker-controlled value.
- A flaw use-after-free in function sco_sock_sendmsg() of the Linux kernel HCI subsystem was found in the way user calls ioct UFFDIO_REGISTER or other way triggers race condition of the call sco_conn_del() together with the call sco_sock_sendmsg() with the expected controllable faulting memory page. A privileged local user could use this flaw to crash the system or escalate their privileges on the system.
- A flaw was found in the KVM's AMD code for supporting SVM nested virtualization. The flaw occurs when processing the VMCB (virtual machine control block) provided by the L1 guest to spawn/handle a nested guest (L2). Due to improper validation of the int_ctl field, this issue could allow a malicious L1 to enable AVIC support (Advanced Virtual Interrupt Controller) for the L2 guest. As a result, the L2 guest would be allowed to read/write physical pages of the host, resulting in a crash of the entire system, leak of sensitive data or potential guest-to-host escape. This flaw affects Linux kernel versions prior to 5.14-rc7. (CVE-2021-3653)
- A vulnerability was found in the Linux kernel in versions prior to v5.14-rc1. Missing size validations on inbound SCTP packets may allow the kernel to read uninitialized memory. (CVE-2021-3655)
- A flaw was found in the KVM's AMD code for supporting SVM nested virtualization. The flaw occurs when processing the VMCB (virtual machine control block) provided by the L1 guest to spawn/handle a nested guest (L2). Due to improper validation of the virt_ext field, this issue could allow a malicious L1 to disable both VMLOAD/VMSAVE intercepts and VLS (Virtual VMLOAD/VMSAVE) for the L2 guest. As a result, the L2 guest would be allowed to read/write physical pages of the host, resulting in a crash of the entire system, leak of sensitive data or potential guest-to-host escape. (CVE-2021-3656)
- A NULL pointer dereference flaw was found in the Linux kernel's IEEE 802.15.4 wireless networking subsystem in the way the user closes the LR-WPAN connection. This flaw allows a local user to crash the system. The highest threat from this vulnerability is to system availability. (CVE-2021-3659)
- A lack of CPU resource in the Linux kernel tracing module functionality in versions prior to 5.14-rc3 was found in the way user uses trace ring buffer in a specific way. Only privileged local users (with CAP_SYS_ADMIN capability) could use this flaw to starve the resources causing denial of service.
- hso_free_net_device in drivers/net/usb/hso.c in the Linux kernel through 5.13.4 calls unregister_netdev without checking for the NETREG_REGISTERED state, leading to a use-after-free and a double free.
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel's OverlayFS subsystem in the way the user mounts the TmpFS filesystem with OverlayFS. This flaw allows a local user to gain access to hidden files that should not be accessible. (CVE-2021-3732)
- A memory leak flaw was found in the Linux kernel in the ccp_run_aes_gcm_cmd() function in drivers/crypto/ccp/ccp-ops.c, which allows attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption).
This vulnerability is similar with the older CVE-2019-18808. (CVE-2021-3744)
- A use-after-free flaw was found in the Linux kernel's Bluetooth subsystem in the way user calls connect to the socket and disconnect simultaneously due to a race condition. This flaw allows a user to crash the system or escalate their privileges. The highest threat from this vulnerability is to confidentiality, integrity, as well as system availability. (CVE-2021-3752)
- A race problem was seen in the vt_k_ioctl in drivers/tty/vt/vt_ioctl.c in the Linux kernel, which may cause an out of bounds read in vt as the write access to vc_mode is not protected by lock-in vt_ioctl (KDSETMDE). The highest threat from this vulnerability is to data confidentiality. (CVE-2021-3753)
- arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_rtas.c in the Linux kernel through 5.13.5 on the powerpc platform allows KVM guest OS users to cause host OS memory corruption via rtas_args.nargs, aka CID-f62f3c20647e. (CVE-2021-37576)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel. A use-after-free vulnerability in the NFC stack can lead to a threat to confidentiality, integrity, and system availability. (CVE-2021-3760)
- A memory leak flaw was found in the Linux kernel's ccp_run_aes_gcm_cmd() function that allows an attacker to cause a denial of service. The vulnerability is similar to the older CVE-2019-18808. The highest threat from this vulnerability is to system availability. (CVE-2021-3764)
- A flaw was found in the Linux SCTP stack. A blind attacker may be able to kill an existing SCTP association through invalid chunks if the attacker knows the IP-addresses and port numbers being used and the attacker can send packets with spoofed IP addresses. (CVE-2021-3772)
- ** DISPUTED ** In drivers/char/virtio_console.c in the Linux kernel before 5.13.4, data corruption or loss can be triggered by an untrusted device that supplies a buf->len value exceeding the buffer size. NOTE:
the vendor indicates that the cited data corruption is not a vulnerability in any existing use case; the length validation was added solely for robustness in the face of anomalous host OS behavior.
- arch/x86/kvm/mmu/paging_tmpl.h in the Linux kernel before 5.12.11 incorrectly computes the access permissions of a shadow page, leading to a missing guest protection page fault. (CVE-2021-38198)
- drivers/usb/host/max3421-hcd.c in the Linux kernel before 5.13.6 allows physically proximate attackers to cause a denial of service (use-after-free and panic) by removing a MAX-3421 USB device in certain situations. (CVE-2021-38204)
- A race condition was discovered in ext4_write_inline_data_end in fs/ext4/inline.c in the ext4 subsystem in the Linux kernel through 5.13.13. (CVE-2021-40490)
- prealloc_elems_and_freelist in kernel/bpf/stackmap.c in the Linux kernel before 5.14.12 allows unprivileged users to trigger an eBPF multiplication integer overflow with a resultant out-of-bounds write. (CVE-2021-41864)
- The decode_data function in drivers/net/hamradio/6pack.c in the Linux kernel before 5.13.13 has a slab out-of-bounds write. Input from a process that has the CAP_NET_ADMIN capability can lead to root access.
- An issue was discovered in aspeed_lpc_ctrl_mmap in drivers/soc/aspeed/aspeed-lpc-ctrl.c in the Linux kernel before 5.14.6. Local attackers able to access the Aspeed LPC control interface could overwrite memory in the kernel and potentially execute privileges, aka CID-b49a0e69a7b1. This occurs because a certain comparison uses values that are not memory sizes. (CVE-2021-42252)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.
File Name: suse_SU-2021-3969-1.nasl
Supported Sensors: Frictionless Assessment AWS, Frictionless Assessment Azure, Frictionless Assessment Agent, Nessus Agent, Agentless Assessment
Temporal Vector: CVSS:3.0/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:cluster-md-kmp-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-syms, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:dlm-kmp-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default-livepatch, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:ocfs2-kmp-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-source, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default-man, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:reiserfs-kmp-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-macros, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default-base, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default-devel, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-devel, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-obs-build, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-vanilla-base, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:gfs2-kmp-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-livepatch-4_12_14-150_78-default, cpe:/o:novell:suse_linux:15
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/cpu, Host/SuSE/release, Host/SuSE/rpm-list
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 12/7/2021
Vulnerability Publication Date: 5/21/2018
CVE: CVE-2018-3639, CVE-2018-9517, CVE-2019-3874, CVE-2019-3900, CVE-2020-12770, CVE-2020-3702, CVE-2021-0941, CVE-2021-20320, CVE-2021-20322, CVE-2021-22543, CVE-2021-31916, CVE-2021-33033, CVE-2021-34556, CVE-2021-34981, CVE-2021-35477, CVE-2021-3640, CVE-2021-3653, CVE-2021-3655, CVE-2021-3656, CVE-2021-3659, CVE-2021-3679, CVE-2021-37159, CVE-2021-3732, CVE-2021-3744, CVE-2021-3752, CVE-2021-3753, CVE-2021-37576, CVE-2021-3760, CVE-2021-3764, CVE-2021-3772, CVE-2021-38160, CVE-2021-38198, CVE-2021-38204, CVE-2021-40490, CVE-2021-41864, CVE-2021-42008, CVE-2021-42252