SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe remote SUSE Linux SLES15 host has packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities as referenced in the SUSE-SU-2021:2427-1 advisory.
- The 802.11 standard that underpins Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA, WPA2, and WPA3) and Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) doesn't require that the A-MSDU flag in the plaintext QoS header field is authenticated.
Against devices that support receiving non-SSP A-MSDU frames (which is mandatory as part of 802.11n), an adversary can abuse this to inject arbitrary network packets. (CVE-2020-24588)
- Bluetooth LE and BR/EDR secure pairing in Bluetooth Core Specification 2.1 through 5.2 may permit a nearby man-in-the-middle attacker to identify the Passkey used during pairing (in the Passkey authentication procedure) by reflection of the public key and the authentication evidence of the initiating device, potentially permitting this attacker to complete authenticated pairing with the responding device using the correct Passkey for the pairing session. The attack methodology determines the Passkey value one bit at a time. (CVE-2020-26558)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.10. drivers/infiniband/core/ucma.c has a use-after- free because the ctx is reached via the ctx_list in some ucma_migrate_id situations where ucma_close is called, aka CID-f5449e74802c. (CVE-2020-36385)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.8.1. net/bluetooth/hci_event.c has a slab out-of- bounds read in hci_extended_inquiry_result_evt, aka CID-51c19bf3d5cf. (CVE-2020-36386)
- Improper access control in BlueZ may allow an authenticated user to potentially enable information disclosure via adjacent access. (CVE-2021-0129)
- In __hidinput_change_resolution_multipliers of hid-input.c, there is a possible out of bounds write due to a heap buffer overflow. This could lead to local escalation of privilege with no additional execution privileges needed. User interaction is not needed for exploitation.Product: AndroidVersions: Android kernelAndroid ID: A-173843328References: Upstream kernel (CVE-2021-0512)
- In pfkey_dump of af_key.c, there is a possible out-of-bounds read due to a missing bounds check. This could lead to local information disclosure in the kernel with System execution privileges needed. User interaction is not needed for exploitation.Product: AndroidVersions: Android kernelAndroid ID: A-110373476 (CVE-2021-0605)
- A heap out-of-bounds write affecting Linux since v2.6.19-rc1 was discovered in net/netfilter/x_tables.c.
This allows an attacker to gain privileges or cause a DoS (via heap memory corruption) through user name space (CVE-2021-22555)
- kernel/bpf/verifier.c in the Linux kernel through 5.12.7 enforces incorrect limits for pointer arithmetic operations, aka CID-bb01a1bba579. This can be abused to perform out-of-bounds reads and writes in kernel memory, leading to local privilege escalation to root. In particular, there is a corner case where the off reg causes a masking direction change, which then results in an incorrect final aux->alu_limit.
- In kernel/bpf/verifier.c in the Linux kernel before 5.12.13, a branch can be mispredicted (e.g., because of type confusion) and consequently an unprivileged BPF program can read arbitrary memory locations via a side-channel attack, aka CID-9183671af6db. (CVE-2021-33624)
- fs/seq_file.c in the Linux kernel 3.16 through 5.13.x before 5.13.4 does not properly restrict seq buffer allocations, leading to an integer overflow, an Out-of-bounds Write, and escalation to root by an unprivileged user, aka CID-8cae8cd89f05. (CVE-2021-33909)
- net/can/bcm.c in the Linux kernel through 5.12.10 allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel stack memory because parts of a data structure are uninitialized. (CVE-2021-34693)
- To fix this vulnerability, update the affected packages: linux linux-esx (CVE-2021-3609)
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.
File Name: suse_SU-2021-2427-1.nasl
Supported Sensors: Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: E:H/RL:OF/RC:C
Temporal Vector: E:H/RL:O/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:cluster-md-kmp-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:dlm-kmp-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:gfs2-kmp-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default-base, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default-devel, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default-livepatch, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default-livepatch-devel, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-default-man, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-devel, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-livepatch-4_12_14-197_99-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-macros, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-obs-build, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-source, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:kernel-syms, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:ocfs2-kmp-default, p-cpe:/a:novell:suse_linux:reiserfs-kmp-default, cpe:/o:novell:suse_linux:15
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/cpu, Host/SuSE/release, Host/SuSE/rpm-list
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 7/21/2021
Vulnerability Publication Date: 4/20/2021
Metasploit (Netfilter x_tables Heap OOB Write Privilege Escalation)
CVE: CVE-2020-24588, CVE-2020-26558, CVE-2020-36385, CVE-2020-36386, CVE-2021-0129, CVE-2021-0512, CVE-2021-0605, CVE-2021-3609, CVE-2021-22555, CVE-2021-33200, CVE-2021-33624, CVE-2021-33909, CVE-2021-34693