New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Array index error in the tcm_vhost_make_tpg function in drivers/vhost/scsi.c in the Linux kernel before 4.0 might allow guest OS users to cause a denial of service (memory corruption) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted VHOST_SCSI_SET_ENDPOINT ioctl call. NOTE: the affected function was renamed to vhost_scsi_make_tpg before the vulnerability was announced.(CVE-2015-4036)
- The ecryptfs_privileged_open function in fs/ecryptfs/kthread.c in the Linux kernel before 4.6.3 allows local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (stack memory consumption) via vectors involving crafted mmap calls for /proc pathnames, leading to recursive pagefault handling.(CVE-2016-1583)
- It was found that SCSI driver in the Linux kernel can improperly access userspace memory outside the provided buffer. A local privileged attacker could potentially use this flaw to expose information from the kernel memory.(CVE-2017-13168)
- The acpi_ds_create_operands() function in drivers/acpi/acpica/dsutils.c in the Linux kernel through 4.12.9 does not flush the operand cache and causes a kernel stack dump, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory and bypass the KASLR protection mechanism (in the kernel through 4.9) via a crafted ACPI table.(CVE-2017-13693)
- The acpi_ps_complete_final_op() function in drivers/acpi/acpica/psobject.c in the Linux kernel through 4.12.9 does not flush the node and node_ext caches and causes a kernel stack dump, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory and bypass the KASLR protection mechanism (in the kernel through 4.9) via a crafted ACPI table.(CVE-2017-13694)
- The acpi_ns_evaluate() function in drivers/acpi/acpica/nseval.c in the Linux kernel through 4.12.9 does not flush the operand cache and causes a kernel stack dump, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory and bypass the KASLR protection mechanism (in the kernel through 4.9) via a crafted ACPI table.(CVE-2017-13695)
- The XFS_IS_REALTIME_INODE macro in fs/xfs/xfs_linux.h in the Linux kernel before 4.13.2 does not verify that a filesystem has a realtime device, which allows local users to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and OOPS) via vectors related to setting an RHINHERIT flag on a directory.(CVE-2017-14340)
- The xfs_bmap_extents_to_btree function in fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_bmap.c in the Linux kernel through 4.16.3 allows local users to cause a denial of service (xfs_bmapi_write NULL pointer dereference) via a crafted xfs image.(CVE-2018-10323)
- A flaw was found in Linux kernel in the ext4 filesystem code. A use-after-free is possible in ext4_ext_remove_space() function when mounting and operating a crafted ext4 image.(CVE-2018-10876)
- A flaw was found in the Linux kernel ext4 filesystem.
An out-of-bound access is possible in the ext4_ext_drop_refs() function when operating on a crafted ext4 filesystem image.(CVE-2018-10877)
- The pcpu_embed_first_chunk function in mm/percpu.c in the Linux kernel through 4.14.14 allows local users to obtain sensitive address information by reading dmesg data from a(CVE-2018-5995)
- Memory leak in the irda_bind function in net/irda/af_irda.c and later in drivers/staging/irda/net/af_irda.c in the Linux kernel before 4.17 allows local users to cause a denial of service (memory consumption) by repeatedly binding an AF_IRDA socket.(CVE-2018-6554)
- A NULL pointer dereference was found in the net/rds/rdma.c __rds_rdma_map() function in the Linux kernel before 4.14.7 allowing local attackers to cause a system panic and a denial-of-service, related to RDS_GET_MR and RDS_GET_MR_FOR_DEST.(CVE-2018-7492)
- ** DISPUTED ** Race condition in the store_int_with_restart() function in arch/x86/kernel/cpu/mcheck/mce.c in the Linux kernel through 4.15.7 allows local users to cause a denial of service (panic) by leveraging root access to write to the check_interval file in a /sys/devices/system/machinecheck/machinecheck<cpu number> directory. NOTE: a third party has indicated that this report is not security relevant.(CVE-2018-7995)
- Non-optimized code for key handling of shared futexes was found in the Linux kernel in the form of unbounded contention time due to the page lock for real-time users. Before the fix, the page lock was an unnecessarily heavy lock for the futex path that protected too much. After the fix, the page lock is only required in a specific corner case.(CVE-2018-9422)
- A memory leak in the ccp_run_sha_cmd() function in drivers/crypto/ccp/ccp-ops.c in the Linux kernel through 5.3.9 allows attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption), aka CID-128c66429247.(CVE-2019-18808)
- In the Linux kernel before 5.1, there is a memory leak in __feat_register_sp() in net/dccp/feat.c, which may cause denial of service, aka CID-1d3ff0950e2b.(CVE-2019-20096)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 5.4.7. The prb_calc_retire_blk_tmo() function in net/packet/af_packet.c can result in a denial of service (CPU consumption and soft lockup) in a certain failure case involving TPACKET_V3, aka CID-b43d1f9f7067.(CVE-2019-20812)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.