New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for MozillaFirefox fixes the following issues :
Firefox Extended Support Release 68.5.0 ESR
- Fixed: Various stability and security fixes
Mozilla Firefox ESR68.5 MFSA 2020-06 (bsc#1163368)
- CVE-2020-6796 (bmo#1610426) Missing bounds check on shared memory read in the parent process
- CVE-2020-6797 (bmo#1596668) Extensions granted downloads.open permission could open arbitrary applications on Mac OSX
- CVE-2020-6799 (bmo#1606596) Arbitrary code execution when opening pdf links from other applications, when Firefox is configured as default pdf reader
- CVE-2020-6800 (bmo#1595786, bmo#1596706, bmo#1598543, bmo#1604851, bmo#1605777, bmo#1608580, bmo#1608785) Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 73 and Firefox ESR 68.5
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or 'zypper patch'.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Open Buildservice Development Tools 15-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Development-Tools-OBS-15-SP1-2020-383=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Open Buildservice Development Tools 15:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Development-Tools-OBS-15-2020-383=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Desktop Applications 15-SP1:zypper in
-t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Desktop-Applications-15-SP1-2020-383=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Desktop Applications 15:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Desktop-Applications-15-2020-383=1