New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for MozillaThunderbird fixes the following issues :
- Mozilla Thunderbird 68.5 (bsc#1162777) MFSA 2020-07 (bsc#1163368)
- CVE-2020-6793 (bmo#1608539) Out-of-bounds read when processing certain email messages
- CVE-2020-6794 (bmo#1606619) Setting a master password post-Thunderbird 52 does not delete unencrypted previously stored passwords
- CVE-2020-6795 (bmo#1611105) Crash processing S/MIME messages with multiple signatures
- CVE-2020-6797 (bmo#1596668) Extensions granted downloads.open permission could open arbitrary applications on Mac OSX
- CVE-2020-6792 (bmo#1609607) Message ID calculcation was based on uninitialized data
- CVE-2020-6800 (bmo#1595786, bmo#1596706, bmo#1598543, bmo#1604851, bmo#1605777, bmo#1608580, bmo#1608785) Memory safety bugs fixed in Thunderbird 68.5
- new: Support for Client Identity IMAP/SMTP Service Extension (bmo#1532388)
- new: Support for OAuth 2.0 authentication for POP3 accounts (bmo#1538409)
- fixed: Status area goes blank during account setup (bmo#1593122)
- fixed: Calendar: Could not remove color for default categories (bmo#1584853)
- fixed: Calendar: Prevent calendar component loading multiple times (bmo#1606375)
- fixed: Calendar: Today pane did not retain width between sessions (bmo#1610207)
- unresolved: When upgrading from Thunderbird version 60 to version 68, add-ons are not automatically updated during the upgrade process. They will however be updated during the add- on update check. It is of course possible to reinstall compatible add-ons via the Add-ons Manager or via addons.thunderbird.net. (bmo#1574183)
- changed: Calendar: Task and Event tree colours adjusted for the dark theme (bmo#1608344)
- fixed: Retrieval of S/MIME certificates from LDAP failed (bmo#1604773)
- fixed: Address-parsing crash on some IMAP servers when preference mail.imap.use_envelope_cmd was set (bmo#1609690)
- fixed: Incorrect forwarding of HTML messages caused SMTP servers to respond with a timeout (bmo#1222046)
- fixed: Calendar: Various parts of the calendar UI stopped working when a second Thunderbird window opened (bmo#1608407)
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected MozillaThunderbird packages.