New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.1
SynopsisThe remote machine is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe remote NewStart CGSL host, running version MAIN 4.06, has qemu-kvm packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities:
- m_cat in slirp/mbuf.c in Qemu has a heap-based buffer overflow via incoming fragmented datagrams.
- Qemu emulator <= 3.0.0 built with the NE2000 NIC emulation support is vulnerable to an integer overflow, which could lead to buffer overflow issue. It could occur when receiving packets over the network. A user inside guest could use this flaw to crash the Qemu process resulting in DoS. (CVE-2018-10839)
- Qemu has a Buffer Overflow in pcnet_receive in hw/net/pcnet.c because an incorrect integer data type is used. (CVE-2018-17962)
- In QEMU 3.0.0, tcp_emu in slirp/tcp_subr.c has a heap- based buffer overflow. (CVE-2019-6778)
- interface_release_resource in hw/display/qxl.c in QEMU 4.0.0 has a NULL pointer dereference. (CVE-2019-12155)
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade the vulnerable CGSL qemu-kvm packages. Note that updated packages may not be available yet. Please contact ZTE for more information.