New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the exiv2 package installed, the EulerOS installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Exiv2 0.26 has a heap-based buffer over-read in WebPImage::decodeChunks in webpimage.cpp.(CVE-2018-14046)
- There is a heap-based buffer over-read in the Exiv2::tEXtToDataBuf function of pngimage.cpp in Exiv2 0.27-RC3. A crafted input will lead to a remote denial of service attack.(CVE-2018-20096)
- There is a heap-based buffer over-read in Exiv2::Jp2Image::encodeJp2Header of jp2image.cpp in Exiv2 0.27-RC3. A crafted input will lead to a remote denial of service attack.(CVE-2018-20098)
- There is an infinite loop in Exiv2::Jp2Image::encodeJp2Header of jp2image.cpp in Exiv2 0.27-RC3. A crafted input will lead to a remote denial of service attack.(CVE-2018-20099)
- A PngChunk::parseChunkContent uncontrolled memory allocation in Exiv2 through 0.27.1 allows an attacker to cause a denial of service (crash due to an std::bad_alloc exception) via a crafted PNG image file.(CVE-2019-13112)
- CiffDirectory::readDirectory() at crwimage_int.cpp in Exiv2 0.26 has excessive stack consumption due to a recursive function, leading to Denial of service.(CVE-2018-17581)
- In Exiv2 0.26 and previous versions, PngChunk::readRawProfile in pngchunk_int.cpp may cause a denial of service (application crash due to a heap-based buffer over-read) via a crafted PNG file.(CVE-2018-19535)
- In types.cpp in Exiv2 0.26, a large size value may lead to a SIGABRT during an attempt at memory allocation for an Exiv2::Internal::PngChunk::zlibUncompress call.(CVE-2018-10958)
- An issue was discovered in Exiv2 0.26. readMetadata in jp2image.cpp allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (SIGABRT) by triggering an incorrect Safe::add call.(CVE-2018-10998)
- An issue was discovered in Exiv2 0.26. The Exiv2::Internal::PngChunk::parseTXTChunk function has a heap-based buffer over-read.(CVE-2018-10999)
- In Exiv2 0.26, Exiv2::PsdImage::readMetadata in psdimage.cpp in the PSD image reader may suffer from a denial of service (infinite loop) caused by an integer overflow via a crafted PSD image file.(CVE-2018-19108)
- In Exiv2 0.26, Exiv2::IptcParser::decode in iptc.cpp (called from psdimage.cpp in the PSD image reader) may suffer from a denial of service (heap-based buffer over-read) caused by an integer overflow via a crafted PSD image file.(CVE-2018-19107)
- An issue was discovered in Exiv2 v0.26. The function Exiv2::DataValue::copy in value.cpp has a NULL pointer dereference.(CVE-2018-17282)
- exiv2 0.26 contains a Stack out of bounds read in webp parser(CVE-2017-1000126)
- In Exiv2 0.26, there is a heap-based buffer over-read in the Exiv2::Image::byteSwap4 function in image.cpp.
Remote attackers can exploit this vulnerability to disclose memory data or cause a denial of service via a crafted TIFF file.(CVE-2017-17723)
- Exiv2 0.26 has a heap-based buffer overflow in getData in preview.cpp.(CVE-2018-11531)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected exiv2 packages.