New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for procps fixes the following issues :
procps was updated to 3.3.15. (bsc#1092100)
Following security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2018-1122: Prevent local privilege escalation in top. If a user ran top with HOME unset in an attacker-controlled directory, the attacker could have achieved privilege escalation by exploiting one of several vulnerabilities in the config_file() function (bsc#1092100).
- CVE-2018-1123: Prevent denial of service in ps via mmap buffer overflow. Inbuilt protection in ps maped a guard page at the end of the overflowed buffer, ensuring that the impact of this flaw is limited to a crash (temporary denial of service) (bsc#1092100).
- CVE-2018-1124: Prevent multiple integer overflows leading to a heap corruption in file2strvec function.
This allowed a privilege escalation for a local attacker who can create entries in procfs by starting processes, which could result in crashes or arbitrary code execution in proc utilities run by other users (bsc#1092100).
- CVE-2018-1125: Prevent stack-based buffer overflow in pgrep. This vulnerability was mitigated by FORTIFY limiting the impact to a crash (bsc#1092100).
- CVE-2018-1126: Ensure correct integer size in proc/alloc.* to prevent truncation/integer overflow issues (bsc#1092100).
Also this non-security issue was fixed :
- Fix CPU summary showing old data. (bsc#1121753)
The update to 3.3.15 contains the following fixes :
- library: Increment to 8:0:1 No removals, no new functions Changes: slab and pid structures
- library: Just check for SIGLOST and don't delete it
- library: Fix integer overflow and LPE in file2strvec CVE-2018-1124
- library: Use size_t for alloc functions CVE-2018-1126
- library: Increase comm size to 64
- pgrep: Fix stack-based buffer overflow CVE-2018-1125
- pgrep: Remove >15 warning as comm can be longer
- ps: Fix buffer overflow in output buffer, causing DOS CVE-2018-1123
- ps: Increase command name selection field to 64
- top: Don't use cwd for location of config CVE-2018-1122
- update translations
- library: build on non-glibc systems
- free: fix scaling on 32-bit systems
- Revert 'Support running with child namespaces'
- library: Increment to 7:0:1 No changes, no removals New fuctions: numa_init, numa_max_node, numa_node_of_cpu, numa_uninit, xalloc_err_handler
- doc: Document I idle state in ps.1 and top.1
- free: fix some of the SI multiples
- kill: -l space between name parses correctly
- library: dont use vm_min_free on non Linux
- library: don't strip off wchan prefixes (ps & top)
- pgrep: warn about 15+ char name only if -f not used
- pgrep/pkill: only match in same namespace by default
- pidof: specify separator between pids
- pkill: Return 0 only if we can kill process
- pmap: fix duplicate output line under '-x' option
- ps: avoid eip/esp address truncations
- ps: recognizes SCHED_DEADLINE as valid CPU scheduler
- ps: display NUMA node under which a thread ran
- ps: Add seconds display for cputime and time
- ps: Add LUID field
- sysctl: Permit empty string for value
- sysctl: Don't segv when file not available
- sysctl: Read and write large buffers
- top: add config file support for XDG specification
- top: eliminated minor libnuma memory leak
- top: show fewer memory decimal places (configurable)
- top: provide command line switch for memory scaling
- top: provide command line switch for CPU States
- top: provides more accurate cpu usage at startup
- top: display NUMA node under which a thread ran
- top: fix argument parsing quirk resulting in SEGV
- top: delay interval accepts non-locale radix point
- top: address a wishlist man page NLS suggestion
- top: fix potential distortion in 'Mem' graph display
- top: provide proper multi-byte string handling
- top: startup defaults are fully customizable
- watch: define HOST_NAME_MAX where not defined
- vmstat: Fix alignment for disk partition format
- watch: Support ANSI 39,49 reset sequences
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected procps packages.