New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote CentOS host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionAn update for exiv2 is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Low. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link (s) in the References section.
The exiv2 packages provide a command line utility which can display and manipulate image metadata such as EXIF, LPTC, and JPEG comments.
The following packages have been upgraded to a later upstream version:
exiv2 (0.27.0). (BZ#1652637)
Security Fix(es) :
* exiv2: heap-buffer-overflow in Exiv2::IptcData::printStructure in src/ iptc.cpp (CVE-2017-17724)
* exiv2: out-of-bounds read in Exiv2::Internal::stringFormat image.cpp (CVE-2018-8976)
* exiv2: invalid memory access in Exiv2::Internal::printCsLensFFFF function in canonmn_int.cpp (CVE-2018-8977)
* exiv2: out of bounds read in IptcData::printStructure in iptc.c (CVE-2018-9305)
* exiv2: OOB read in pngimage.cpp:tEXtToDataBuf() allows for crash via crafted file (CVE-2018-10772)
* exiv2: SIGABRT caused by memory allocation in types.cpp:Exiv2::Internal::PngChunk::zlibUncompress() (CVE-2018-10958)
* exiv2: SIGABRT by triggering an incorrect Safe::add call (CVE-2018-10998)
* exiv2: information leak via a crafted file (CVE-2018-11037)
* exiv2: integer overflow in getData function in preview.cpp (CVE-2018-12264)
* exiv2: integer overflow in the LoaderExifJpeg class in preview.cpp (CVE-2018-12265)
* exiv2: heap-based buffer over-read in WebPImage::decodeChunks in webpimage.cpp (CVE-2018-14046)
* exiv2: NULL pointer dereference in Exiv2::DataValue::copy in value.cpp leading to application crash (CVE-2018-17282)
* exiv2: Stack overflow in CiffDirectory::readDirectory() at crwimage_int.cpp leading to denial of service (CVE-2018-17581)
* exiv2: infinite loop in Exiv2::Image::printIFDStructure function in image.cpp (CVE-2018-18915)
* exiv2: heap-based buffer over-read in Exiv2::IptcParser::decode in iptc.cpp (CVE-2018-19107)
* exiv2: infinite loop in Exiv2::PsdImage::readMetadata in psdimage.cpp (CVE-2018-19108)
* exiv2: heap-based buffer over-read in PngChunk::readRawProfile in pngchunk_int.cpp (CVE-2018-19535)
* exiv2: NULL pointer dereference in Exiv2::isoSpeed in easyaccess.cpp (CVE-2018-19607)
* exiv2: Heap-based buffer over-read in Exiv2::tEXtToDataBuf function resulting in a denial of service (CVE-2018-20096)
* exiv2: Segmentation fault in Exiv2::Internal::TiffParserWorker::findPrimaryGroups function (CVE-2018-20097)
* exiv2: Heap-based buffer over-read in Exiv2::Jp2Image::encodeJp2Header resulting in a denial of service (CVE-2018-20098)
* exiv2: Infinite loop in Exiv2::Jp2Image::encodeJp2Header resulting in a denial of service (CVE-2018-20099)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
Additional Changes :
For detailed information on changes in this release, see the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.7 Release Notes linked from the References section.
SolutionUpdate the affected exiv2 packages.