New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote machine is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe remote NewStart CGSL host, running version CORE 5.05 / MAIN 5.05, has firefox packages installed that are affected by multiple vulnerabilities:
- ** RESERVED ** This candidate has been reserved by an organization or individual that will use it when announcing a new security problem. When the candidate has been publicized, the details for this candidate will be provided. (CVE-2019-9816, CVE-2019-11698, CVE-2019-11691, CVE-2019-11692, CVE-2019-11693, CVE-2019-9800, CVE-2019-9817, CVE-2019-9819, CVE-2019-9820)
- png_image_free in png.c in libpng 1.6.36 has a use- after-free because png_image_free_function is called under png_safe_execute. (CVE-2019-7317)
- Lack of correct bounds checking in Skia in Google Chrome prior to 73.0.3683.75 allowed a remote attacker to perform an out of bounds memory read via a crafted HTML page. (CVE-2019-5798)
- Cross-origin images can be read from a canvas element in violation of the same-origin policy using the transferFromImageBitmap method. *Note: This only affects Firefox 65. Previous versions are unaffected.*. This vulnerability affects Firefox < 65.0.1. (CVE-2018-18511)
- Cross-origin images can be read in violation of the same-origin policy by exporting an image after using createImageBitmap to read the image and then rendering the resulting bitmap image within a canvas element. This vulnerability affects Firefox < 66. (CVE-2019-9797)
Note that Nessus has not tested for this issue but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade the vulnerable CGSL firefox packages. Note that updated packages may not be available yet. Please contact ZTE for more information.