New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.4
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- The pagemap_open function in fs/proc/task_mmu.c in the Linux kernel before 3.19.3, as used in Android 6.0.1 before 2016-03-01, allows local users to obtain sensitive physical-address information by reading a pagemap file, aka Android internal bug 25739721.(CVE-2016-0823i1/4%0
- drivers/hid/hid-steelseries.c in the Human Interface Device (HID) subsystem in the Linux kernel through 3.11, when CONFIG_HID_STEELSERIES is enabled, allows physically proximate attackers to cause a denial of service (heap-based out-of-bounds write) via a crafted device.(CVE-2013-2891i1/4%0
- The overlayfs implementation in the Linux kernel through 4.5.2 does not properly maintain POSIX ACL xattr data, which allows local users to gain privileges by leveraging a group-writable setgid directory.(CVE-2016-1575i1/4%0
- Integer overflow in the vc4_get_bcl function in drivers/gpu/drm/vc4/vc4_gem.c in the VideoCore DRM driver in the Linux kernel before 4.9.7 allows local users to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted size value in a VC4_SUBMIT_CL ioctl call.(CVE-2017-5576i1/4%0
- The KVM subsystem in the Linux kernel through 3.12.5 allows local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service (system crash) via a VAPIC synchronization operation involving a page-end address.(CVE-2013-6368i1/4%0
- It was found that the code in net/sctp/socket.c in the Linux kernel through 4.10.1 does not properly restrict association peel-off operations during certain wait states, which allows local users to cause a denial of service (invalid unlock and double free) via a multithreaded application. This vulnerability was introduced by CVE-2017-5986 fix (commit 2dcab5984841).(CVE-2017-6353i1/4%0
- net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_proto_dccp.c in the Linux kernel through 3.13.6 uses a DCCP header pointer incorrectly, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (system crash) or possibly execute arbitrary code via a DCCP packet that triggers a call to the (1) dccp_new, (2) dccp_packet, or (3) dccp_error function.(CVE-2014-2523i1/4%0
- Race condition vulnerability was found in drivers/misc/mic/vop/vop_vringh.c in the MIC VOP driver in the Linux kernel before 4.6.1. MIC VOP driver does two successive reads from user space to read a variable length data structure. Local user can obtain sensitive information from kernel memory or can cause DoS by corrupting kernel memory if the data structure changes between the two reads.(CVE-2016-5728i1/4%0
- An issue was discovered in the btrfs filesystem code in the Linux kernel. An invalid pointer dereference in io_ctl_map_page() when mounting and operating a crafted btrfs image is due to a lack of block group item validation in check_leaf_item() in fs/btrfs/tree-checker.c function. This could lead to a system crash and a denial of service.(CVE-2018-14613i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel handled GS segment register base switching when recovering from a #SS (stack segment) fault on an erroneous return to user space. A local, unprivileged user could use this flaw to escalate their privileges on the system.(CVE-2014-9322i1/4%0
- The keyring_search_aux function in security/keys/keyring.c in the Linux kernel allows local users to cause a denial of service via a request_key system call for the 'dead' key type.(CVE-2017-6951i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's XFS file system handled replacing of remote attributes under certain conditions. A local user with access to XFS file system mount could potentially use this flaw to escalate their privileges on the system.(CVE-2015-0274i1/4%0
- A memory leak in the kernel_read_file function in fs/exec.c in the Linux kernel through 4.20.11 allows attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption) by triggering vfs_read failures.(CVE-2019-8980i1/4%0
- A flaw was found in the kernel's implementation of the Berkeley Packet Filter (BPF). A local attacker could craft BPF code to crash the system by creating a situation in which the JIT compiler would fail to correctly optimize the JIT image on the last pass. This would lead to the CPU executing instructions that were not part of the JIT code.(CVE-2015-4700i1/4%0
- A security flaw was discovered in nl80211_set_rekey_data() function in the Linux kernel since v3.1-rc1 through v4.13. This function does not check whether the required attributes are present in a netlink request. This request can be issued by a user with CAP_NET_ADMIN privilege and may result in NULL dereference and a system crash.(CVE-2017-12153i1/4%0
- The atyfb_ioctl function in drivers/video/fbdev/aty/atyfb_base.c in the Linux kernel through 4.12.10 does not initialize a certain data structure, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information from kernel stack memory by reading locations associated with padding bytes.(CVE-2017-14156i1/4%0
- kernel/events/core.c in the performance subsystem in the Linux kernel before 4.0 mismanages locks during certain migrations, which allows local users to gain privileges via a crafted application, aka Android internal bug 31095224.(CVE-2016-6787i1/4%0
- The ioresources_init function in kernel/resource.c in the Linux kernel through 4.7, as used in Android before 2016-08-05 on Nexus 6 and 7 (2013) devices, uses weak permissions for /proc/iomem, which allows local users to obtain sensitive information by reading this file, aka Android internal bug 28814213 and Qualcomm internal bug CR786116. NOTE: the permissions may be intentional in most non-Android contexts.(CVE-2015-8944i1/4%0
- Race condition in the ioctl_file_dedupe_range function in fs/ioctl.c in the Linux kernel through 4.7 allows local users to cause a denial of service (heap-based buffer overflow) or possibly gain privileges by changing a certain count value, aka a 'double fetch' vulnerability.(CVE-2016-6516i1/4%0
- It was found that the timer functionality in the Linux kernel ALSA subsystem is prone to a race condition between read and ioctl system call handlers, resulting in an uninitialized memory disclosure to user space. A local user could use this flaw to read information belonging to other users.(CVE-2017-1000380i1/4%0
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.