EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 184.108.40.206 : kernel (EulerOS-SA-2019-1482)
High Nessus Plugin ID 124806
SynopsisThe remote EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 host is missing multiple security updates.
DescriptionAccording to the versions of the kernel packages installed, the EulerOS Virtualization for ARM 64 installation on the remote host is affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- An information-leak vulnerability was found in the kernel when it truncated a file to a smaller size which consisted of an inline extent that was compressed. The data between the new file size and the old file size was not discarded and the number of bytes used by the inode were not correctly decremented, which gave the wrong report for callers of the stat(2) syscall. This wasted metadata space and allowed for the truncated data to be leaked, and data corruption or loss to occur. A caller of the clone ioctl could exploit this flaw by using only standard file-system operations without root access to read the truncated data.(CVE-2015-8374)
- crypto/pcrypt.c in the Linux kernel, before 4.14.13, mishandles freeing instances, allowing a local user able to access the AF_ALG-based AEAD interface (CONFIG_CRYPTO_USER_API_AEAD) and pcrypt (CONFIG_CRYPTO_PCRYPT) to cause a denial of service (kfree of an incorrect pointer) or possibly have unspecified other impact by executing a crafted sequence of system calls. Due to the nature of the flaw, privilege escalation cannot be fully ruled out, although we believe it is unlikely.(CVE-2017-18075)
- An elevation of privilege vulnerability in the Qualcomm Wi-Fi driver could enable a local malicious application to execute arbitrary code within the context of the kernel. This issue is rated as High because it first requires compromising a privileged process. Product:
Android. Versions: N/A. Android ID: A-32835279.
- The saa7164_bus_get function in drivers/media/pci/saa7164/saa7164-bus.c in the Linux kernel through 4.10.14 allows local users to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds array access) or possibly have unspecified other impact by changing a certain sequence-number value, aka a 'double fetch' vulnerability.(CVE-2017-8831)
- A flaw was found in the way the Linux kernel's splice() system call validated its parameters. On certain file systems, a local, unprivileged user could use this flaw to write past the maximum file size, and thus crash the system.(CVE-2014-7822)
- The vc4_get_bcl function in drivers/gpu/drm/vc4/vc4_gem.c in the VideoCore DRM driver in the Linux kernel before 4.9.7 does not set an errno value upon certain overflow detections allowing local users to cause a denial of service (incorrect pointer dereference and OOPS) via inconsistent size values in a VC4_SUBMIT_CL ioctl call.(CVE-2017-5577)
- In fs/ocfs2/cluster/nodemanager.c in the Linux kernel before 4.15, local users can cause a denial of service (NULL pointer dereference and BUG) because a required mutex is not used.(CVE-2017-18216)
- A race condition issue leading to a use-after-free flaw was found in the way the raw packet sockets implementation in the Linux kernel networking subsystem handled synchronization while creating the TPACKET_V3 ring buffer. A local user able to open a raw packet socket (requires the CAP_NET_RAW capability) could use this flaw to elevate their privileges on the system.(CVE-2016-8655)
- An exploitable memory corruption flaw was found in the Linux kernel. The append path can be erroneously switched from UFO to non-UFO in ip_ufo_append_data() when building an UFO packet with MSG_MORE option. If unprivileged user namespaces are available, this flaw can be exploited to gain root privileges.(CVE-2017-1000112)
- A security flaw was found in the Linux kernel in a way that the cleancache subsystem clears an inode after the final file truncation (removal). The new file created with the same inode may contain leftover pages from cleancache and the old file data instead of the new one.(CVE-2018-16862)
- arch/arm64/ include /asm/pgtable.h in the Linux kernel before 3.15-rc5-next-20140519, as used in Android before 2016-07-05 on Nexus 5X and 6P devices, mishandles execute-only pages, which allows attackers to gain privileges via a crafted application, aka Android internal bug 28557020.(CVE-2014-9803)
- A heap-buffer overflow vulnerability was found in the arcmsr_iop_message_xfer() function in 'drivers/scsi/arcmsr/arcmsr_hba.c' file in the Linux kernel through 4.8.2. The function does not restrict a certain length field, which allows local users to gain privileges or cause a denial of service via an ARCMSR_MESSAGE_WRITE_WQBUFFER control code. This can potentially cause kernel heap corruption and arbitrary kernel code execution.(CVE-2016-7425)
- An issue was discovered in the Linux kernel before 4.18.11. The ipddp_ioctl function in drivers/net/appletalk/ipddp.c allows local users to obtain sensitive kernel address information by leveraging CAP_NET_ADMIN to read the ipddp_route dev and next fields via an SIOCFINDIPDDPRT ioctl call.(CVE-2018-20511)
- A memory leak in the irda_bind function in net/irda/af_irda.c in the Linux kernel, through 4.16, allows local users to cause a denial of service due to a memory consumption by repeatedly binding an AF_IRDA socket.(CVE-2018-6554)
- sound/core/timer.c in the Linux kernel before 4.4.1 employs a locking approach that does not consider slave timer instances, which allows local users to cause a denial of service (race condition, use-after-free, and system crash) via a crafted ioctl call.(CVE-2016-2547)
- Buffer overflow in the complete_emulated_mmio function in arch/x86/kvm/x86.c in the Linux kernel before 3.13.6 allows guest OS users to execute arbitrary code on the host OS by leveraging a loop that triggers an invalid memory copy affecting certain cancel_work_item data.(CVE-2014-0049)
- An issue was discovered in the F2FS filesystem code in the Linux kernel in fs/f2fs/inode.c. A denial of service due to a slab out-of-bounds read can occur for a crafted f2fs filesystem image in which FI_EXTRA_ATTR is set in an inode.(CVE-2018-13098)
- A vulnerability was found in the Linux kernel where having malicious IP options present would cause the ipv4_pktinfo_prepare() function to drop/free the dst.
This could result in a system crash or possible privilege escalation.(CVE-2017-5970)
- In the Linux kernel's vmw_gb_surface_define_ioctl() function, in 'drivers/gpu/drm/vmwgfx/vmwgfx_surface.c' file, a 'req->mip_levels' is a user-controlled value which is later used as a loop count limit. This allows local unprivileged user to cause a denial of service by a kernel lockup via a crafted ioctl call for a '/dev/dri/renderD*' device.(CVE-2017-7346)
- It was found that the NFSv4 server in the Linux kernel did not properly validate layout type when processing NFSv4 pNFS LAYOUTGET and GETDEVICEINFO operands. A remote attacker could use this flaw to soft-lockup the system and thus cause denial of service.(CVE-2017-8797)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the EulerOS security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.