New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for qemu fixes the following issues :
Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2018-10839: Fixed NE2000 NIC emulation support that is vulnerable to an integer overflow, which could lead to buffer overflow issue. It could occur when receiving packets over the network. A user inside guest could use this flaw to crash the Qemu process resulting in DoS (bsc#1110910).
- CVE-2018-15746: Fixed qemu-seccomp.c that might allow local OS guest users to cause a denial of service (guest crash) by leveraging mishandling of the seccomp policy for threads other than the main thread (bsc#1106222).
- CVE-2018-17958: Fixed a Buffer Overflow in rtl8139_do_receive in hw/net/rtl8139.c because an incorrect integer data type is used (bsc#1111006).
- CVE-2018-17962: Fixed a Buffer Overflow in pcnet_receive in hw/net/pcnet.c because an incorrect integer data type is used (bsc#1111010).
- CVE-2018-17963: Fixed qemu_deliver_packet_iov in net/net.c that accepts packet sizes greater than INT_MAX, which allows attackers to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact.
- CVE-2018-18849: Fixed an out of bounds memory access issue that was found in the LSI53C895A SCSI Host Bus Adapter emulation while writing a message in lsi_do_msgin. It could occur during migration if the 'msg_len' field has an invalid value. A user/process could use this flaw to crash the Qemu process resulting in DoS (bsc#1114422).
Non-security issues fixed :
- Improving disk performance for qemu on xen (bsc#1100408)
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12-SP3:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected qemu packages.