openSUSE Security Update : qemu (openSUSE-2018-1483)
High Nessus Plugin ID 119491
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for qemu fixes the following issues :
Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2018-10839: Fixed NE2000 NIC emulation support that is vulnerable to an integer overflow, which could lead to buffer overflow issue. It could occur when receiving packets over the network. A user inside guest could use this flaw to crash the Qemu process resulting in DoS (bsc#1110910).
- CVE-2018-15746: Fixed qemu-seccomp.c that might allow local OS guest users to cause a denial of service (guest crash) by leveraging mishandling of the seccomp policy for threads other than the main thread (bsc#1106222).
- CVE-2018-16847: Fixed an OOB heap buffer r/w access issue that was found in the NVM Express Controller emulation in QEMU. It could occur in nvme_cmb_ops routines in nvme device. A guest user/process could use this flaw to crash the QEMU process resulting in DoS or potentially run arbitrary code with privileges of the QEMU process (bsc#1114529).
- CVE-2018-17958: Fixed a Buffer Overflow in rtl8139_do_receive in hw/net/rtl8139.c because an incorrect integer data type is used (bsc#1111006).
- CVE-2018-17962: Fixed a Buffer Overflow in pcnet_receive in hw/net/pcnet.c because an incorrect integer data type is used (bsc#1111010).
- CVE-2018-17963: Fixed qemu_deliver_packet_iov in net/net.c that accepts packet sizes greater than INT_MAX, which allows attackers to cause a denial of service or possibly have unspecified other impact.
- CVE-2018-18849: Fixed an out of bounds memory access issue that was found in the LSI53C895A SCSI Host Bus Adapter emulation while writing a message in lsi_do_msgin. It could occur during migration if the 'msg_len' field has an invalid value. A user/process could use this flaw to crash the Qemu process resulting in DoS (bsc#1114422).
Non-security issues fixed :
- Fix slowness in arm32 emulation (bsc#1112499).
- In order to improve spectre mitigation for s390x, add a new feature in the QEMU cpu model to provide the etoken cpu feature for guests (bsc#1107489).
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected qemu packages.