New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Oracle Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionFrom Red Hat Security Advisory 2018:3083 :
An update for kernel is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat Product Security has rated this update as having a security impact of Important. A Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) base score, which gives a detailed severity rating, is available for each vulnerability from the CVE link(s) in the References section.
The kernel packages contain the Linux kernel, the core of any Linux operating system.
Security Fix(es) :
* A flaw named FragmentSmack was found in the way the Linux kernel handled reassembly of fragmented IPv4 and IPv6 packets. A remote attacker could use this flaw to trigger time and calculation expensive fragment reassembly algorithm by sending specially crafted packets which could lead to a CPU saturation and hence a denial of service on the system. (CVE-2018-5391)
* kernel: out-of-bounds access in the show_timer function in kernel/time/ posix-timers.c (CVE-2017-18344)
* kernel: Integer overflow in udl_fb_mmap() can allow attackers to execute code in kernel space (CVE-2018-8781)
* kernel: MIDI driver race condition leads to a double-free (CVE-2018-10902)
* kernel: Missing check in inode_init_owner() does not clear SGID bit on non-directories for non-members (CVE-2018-13405)
* kernel: AIO write triggers integer overflow in some protocols (CVE-2015-8830)
* kernel: Use-after-free in snd_pcm_info function in ALSA subsystem potentially leads to privilege escalation (CVE-2017-0861)
* kernel: Handling of might_cancel queueing is not properly pretected against race (CVE-2017-10661)
* kernel: Salsa20 encryption algorithm does not correctly handle zero-length inputs allowing local attackers to cause denial of service (CVE-2017-17805)
* kernel: Inifinite loop vulnerability in madvise_willneed() function allows local denial of service (CVE-2017-18208)
* kernel: fuse-backed file mmap-ed onto process cmdline arguments causes denial of service (CVE-2018-1120)
* kernel: a NULL pointer dereference in dccp_write_xmit() leads to a system crash (CVE-2018-1130)
* kernel: drivers/block/loop.c mishandles lo_release serialization allowing denial of service (CVE-2018-5344)
* kernel: Missing length check of payload in _sctp_make_chunk() function allows denial of service (CVE-2018-5803)
* kernel: buffer overflow in drivers/net/wireless/ath/wil6210/ wmi.c:wmi_set_ie() may lead to memory corruption (CVE-2018-5848)
* kernel: out-of-bound write in ext4_init_block_bitmap function with a crafted ext4 image (CVE-2018-10878)
* kernel: Improper validation in bnx2x network card driver can allow for denial of service attacks via crafted packet (CVE-2018-1000026)
* kernel: Information leak when handling NM entries containing NUL (CVE-2016-4913)
* kernel: Mishandling mutex within libsas allowing local Denial of Service (CVE-2017-18232)
* kernel: NULL pointer dereference in ext4_process_freed_data() when mounting crafted ext4 image (CVE-2018-1092)
* kernel: NULL pointer dereference in ext4_xattr_inode_hash() causes crash with crafted ext4 image (CVE-2018-1094)
* kernel: vhost: Information disclosure in vhost/vhost.c:vhost_new_msg() (CVE-2018-1118)
* kernel: Denial of service in resv_map_release function in mm/hugetlb.c (CVE-2018-7740)
* kernel: Memory leak in the sas_smp_get_phy_events function in drivers/scsi/ libsas/sas_expander.c (CVE-2018-7757)
* kernel: Invalid pointer dereference in xfs_ilock_attr_map_shared() when mounting crafted xfs image allowing denial of service (CVE-2018-10322)
* kernel: use-after-free detected in ext4_xattr_set_entry with a crafted file (CVE-2018-10879)
* kernel: out-of-bound access in ext4_get_group_info() when mounting and operating a crafted ext4 image (CVE-2018-10881)
* kernel: stack-out-of-bounds write in jbd2_journal_dirty_metadata function (CVE-2018-10883)
* kernel: incorrect memory bounds check in drivers/cdrom/cdrom.c (CVE-2018-10940)
Red Hat would like to thank Juha-Matti Tilli (Aalto University - Department of Communications and Networking and Nokia Bell Labs) for reporting CVE-2018-5391; Trend Micro Zero Day Initiative for reporting CVE-2018-10902; Qualys Research Labs for reporting CVE-2018-1120;
Evgenii Shatokhin (Virtuozzo Team) for reporting CVE-2018-1130; and Wen Xu for reporting CVE-2018-1092 and CVE-2018-1094.
SolutionUpdate the affected kernel packages.