openSUSE Security Update : libgit2 (openSUSE-2018-1314)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 118486
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for libgit2 fixes the following issues :
- CVE-2018-8099: Fixed possible denial of service attack via different vectors by not being able to differentiate between these status codes (bsc#1085256).
- CVE-2018-11235: With a crafted .gitmodules file, a malicious project can execute an arbitrary script on a machine that runs 'git clone --recurse-submodules' because submodule 'names' are obtained from this file, and then appended to $GIT_DIR/modules, leading to directory traversal with '../' in a name. Finally, post-checkout hooks from a submodule are executed, bypassing the intended design in which hooks are not obtained from a remote server. (bsc#1095219)
- CVE-2018-10887: It has been discovered that an unexpected sign extension in git_delta_apply function in delta.c file may have lead to an integer overflow which in turn leads to an out of bound read, allowing to read before the base object. An attacker could have used this flaw to leak memory addresses or cause a Denial of Service. (bsc#1100613)
- CVE-2018-10888: A missing check in git_delta_apply function in delta.c file, may lead to an out-of-bound read while reading a binary delta file. An attacker may use this flaw to cause a Denial of Service.
- CVE-2018-15501: A remote attacker can send a crafted smart-protocol 'ng' packet that lacks a '\0' byte to trigger an out-of-bounds read that leads to DoS.
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12-SP2:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected libgit2 packages.