New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for webkit2gtk3 to version 2.20.5 fixes the following issues :
Security issue fixed :
- CVE-2018-12911: Fix off-by-one in xdg_mime_get_simple_globs (bsc#1101999).
- CVE-2018-4261, CVE-2018-4262, CVE-2018-4263, CVE-2018-4264, CVE-2018-4265, CVE-2018-4267, CVE-2018-4272, CVE-2018-4284: Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to arbitrary code execution. A memory corruption issue was addressed with improved memory handling.
- CVE-2018-4266: A malicious website may be able to cause a denial of service. A race condition was addressed with additional validation.
- CVE-2018-4270, CVE-2018-4271, CVE-2018-4273: Processing maliciously crafted web content may lead to an unexpected application crash. A memory corruption issue was addressed with improved input validation.
- CVE-2018-4278: A malicious website may exfiltrate audio data cross-origin. Sound fetched through audio elements may be exfiltrated cross-origin. This issue was addressed with improved audio taint tracking.
Other bugs fixed :
- Fix rendering artifacts in some websites due to a bug introduced in 2.20.4.
- Fix a crash when leaving accelerated compositing mode.
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected webkit2gtk3 packages.