New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for MozillaThunderbird to version 60.0 fixes the following issues :
These security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2018-12359: Prevent buffer overflow using computed size of canvas element (bsc#1098998).
- CVE-2018-12360: Prevent use-after-free when using focus() (bsc#1098998).
- CVE-2018-12361: Prevent integer overflow in SwizzleData (bsc#1098998).
- CVE-2018-12362: Prevent integer overflow in SSSE3 scaler (bsc#1098998).
- CVE-2018-5156: Prevent media recorder segmentation fault when track type is changed during capture (bsc#1098998).
- CVE-2018-12363: Prevent use-after-free when appending DOM nodes (bsc#1098998).
- CVE-2018-12364: Prevent CSRF attacks through 307 redirects and NPAPI plugins (bsc#1098998).
- CVE-2018-12365: Prevent compromised IPC child process listing local filenames (bsc#1098998).
- CVE-2018-12371: Prevent integer overflow in Skia library during edge builder allocation (bsc#1098998).
- CVE-2018-12366: Prevent invalid data handling during QCMS transformations (bsc#1098998).
- CVE-2018-12367: Timing attack mitigation of PerformanceNavigationTiming (bsc#1098998).
- CVE-2018-5187: Various memory safety bugs (bsc#1098998).
- CVE-2018-5188: Various memory safety bugs (bsc#1098998).
These can not, in general, be exploited through email, but are potential risks in browser or browser-like contexts.
These non-security issues were fixed :
- Storing of remote content settings fixed (bsc#1084603)
- Improved message handling and composing
- Improved handling of message templates
- Support for OAuth2 and FIDO U2F
- Various Calendar improvements
- Various fixes and changes to e-mail workflow
- Various IMAP fixes
- Native desktop notifications
SolutionUpdate the affected MozillaThunderbird packages.