New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for MozillaFirefox to version ESR 52.9 fixes the following issues :
- CVE-2018-5188: Various memory safety bugs (bsc#1098998)
- CVE-2018-12368: No warning when opening executable SettingContent-ms files
- CVE-2018-12366: Invalid data handling during QCMS transformations
- CVE-2018-12365: Compromised IPC child process can list local filenames
- CVE-2018-12364: CSRF attacks through 307 redirects and NPAPI plugins
- CVE-2018-12363: Use-after-free when appending DOM nodes
- CVE-2018-12362: Integer overflow in SSSE3 scaler
- CVE-2018-12360: Use-after-free when using focus()
- CVE-2018-5156: Media recorder segmentation fault when track type is changed during capture
- CVE-2018-12359: Buffer overflow using computed size of canvas element
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or 'zypper patch'.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE OpenStack Cloud 7:zypper in -t patch SUSE-OpenStack-Cloud-7-2018-1560=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP3-2018-1560=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-SP2-2018-1560=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-SP1-2018-1560=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP3-2018-1560=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2-LTSS:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-2018-1560=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1-LTSS:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2018-1560=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-LTSS:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2018-1560=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP3-2018-1560=1
SUSE Enterprise Storage 4:zypper in -t patch SUSE-Storage-4-2018-1560=1