openSUSE Security Update : zsh (openSUSE-2018-699)
High Nessus Plugin ID 110957
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for zsh to version 5.5 fixes the following issues :
Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2018-1100: Fixes a buffer overflow in utils.c:checkmailpath() that can lead to local arbitrary code execution (bsc#1089030)
- CVE-2018-1071: Fixed a stack-based buffer overflow in exec.c:hashcmd() (bsc#1084656)
- CVE-2018-1083: Fixed a stack-based buffer overflow in gen_matches_files() at compctl.c (bsc#1087026)
Non-security issues fixed :
- The effect of the NO_INTERACTIVE_COMMENTS option extends into $(...) and `...` command substitutions when used on the command line.
- The 'exec' and 'command' precommand modifiers, and options to them, are now parsed after parameter expansion.
- Functions executed by ZLE widgets no longer have their standard input closed, but redirected from /dev/null instead.
- There is an option WARN_NESTED_VAR, a companion to the existing WARN_CREATE_GLOBAL that causes a warning if a function updates a variable from an enclosing scope without using typeset -g.
- zmodload now has an option -s to be silent on a failure to find a module but still print other errors.
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected zsh packages.