openSUSE Security Update : MozillaFirefox (openSUSE-2018-676)
High Nessus Plugin ID 110801
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis security update for MozillaFirefox to version 60.1.0esr fixes multiple issues.
Security issues fixed (MFSA 2018-16, boo#1098998) :
- CVE-2018-12359: Buffer overflow using computed size of canvas element
- CVE-2018-12360: Use-after-free when using focus()
- CVE-2018-12361: Integer overflow in SwizzleData
- CVE-2018-12362: Integer overflow in SSSE3 scaler
- CVE-2018-5156: Media recorder segmentation fault when track type is changed during capture
- CVE-2018-12363: Use-after-free when appending DOM nodes
- CVE-2018-12364: CSRF attacks through 307 redirects and NPAPI plugins
- CVE-2018-12365: Compromised IPC child process can list local filenames
- CVE-2018-12371: Integer overflow in Skia library during edge builder allocation
- CVE-2018-12366: Invalid data handling during QCMS transformations
- CVE-2018-12367: Timing attack mitigation of PerformanceNavigationTiming
- CVE-2018-12369: WebExtension security permission checks bypassed by embedded experiments
- CVE-2018-5187: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 60 and Firefox ESR 60.1
- CVE-2018-5188: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 60, Firefox ESR 60.1, and Firefox ESR 52.9
Other issues fixed :
- various stability and regression fixes
- do not disable system installed unsigned language packs (bmo#1464766)
SolutionUpdate the affected MozillaFirefox packages.