New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for ImageMagick fixes several issues.
These security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2018-8804: The WriteEPTImage function allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (double free and application crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via a crafted file (bsc#1086011).
- CVE-2017-11524: The WriteBlob function allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (assertion failure and application exit) via a crafted file (bsc#1050087).
- CVE-2017-18209: Prevent NULL pointer dereference in the GetOpenCLCachedFilesDirectory function caused by a memory allocation result that was not checked, related to GetOpenCLCacheDirectory (bsc#1083628).
- CVE-2017-18211: Prevent NULL pointer dereference in the function saveBinaryCLProgram caused by a program-lookup result not being checked, related to CacheOpenCLKernel (bsc#1083634).
- CVE-2017-9500: Prevent assertion failure in the function ResetImageProfileIterator, which allowed attackers to cause a denial of service via a crafted file (bsc#1043290).
- CVE-2017-14739: The AcquireResampleFilterThreadSet function mishandled failed memory allocation, which allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (NULL pointer Dereference in DistortImage in MagickCore/distort.c, and application crash) via unspecified vectors (bsc#1060382).
- CVE-2017-16353: Prevent memory information disclosure in the DescribeImage function caused by a heap-based buffer over-read. The portion of the code containing the vulnerability is responsible for printing the IPTC Profile information contained in the image. This vulnerability can be triggered with a specially crafted MIFF file. There is an out-of-bounds buffer dereference because certain increments were never checked (bsc#1066170).
- CVE-2017-16352: Prevent a heap-based buffer overflow in the 'Display visual image directory' feature of the DescribeImage() function. One possible way to trigger the vulnerability is to run the identify command on a specially crafted MIFF format file with the verbose flag (bsc#1066168).
- CVE-2017-14314: Prevent off-by-one error in the DrawImage function that allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (DrawDashPolygon heap-based buffer over-read and application crash) via a crafted file (bsc#1058630).
- CVE-2017-13768: Prevent NULL pointer dereference in the IdentifyImage function that allowed an attacker to perform denial of service by sending a crafted image file (bsc#1056434).
- CVE-2017-14505: Fixed handling of NULL arrays, which allowed attackers to perform Denial of Service (NULL pointer dereference and application crash in AcquireQuantumMemory within MagickCore/memory.c) by providing a crafted Image File as input (bsc#1059735).
- CVE-2018-7470: The IsWEBPImageLossless function allowed attackers to cause a denial of service (segmentation violation) via a crafted file (bsc#1082837).
- CVE-2018-7443: The ReadTIFFImage function did not properly validate the amount of image data in a file, which allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory allocation failure in the AcquireMagickMemory function in MagickCore/memory.c) (bsc#1082792).
- CVE-2017-15016: Prevent NULL pointer dereference vulnerability in ReadEnhMetaFile allowing for denial of service (bsc#1082291).
- CVE-2017-15017: Prevent NULL pointer dereference vulnerability in ReadOneMNGImage allowing for denial of service (bsc#1082283).
- CVE-2017-12692: The ReadVIFFImage function allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption) via a crafted VIFF file (bsc#1082362).
- CVE-2017-12693: The ReadBMPImage function allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (memory consumption) via a crafted BMP file (bsc#1082348). This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected ImageMagick packages.