openSUSE Security Update : Mozilla Thunderbird (openSUSE-2018-313)
High Nessus Plugin ID 108636
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for Mozilla Thunderbird to version 52.7 fixes multiple issues. The following bugs were fixed :
- Searching message bodies of messages in local folders, including filter and quick filter operations, did not find content in message attachments
- Better error handling for Yahoo accounts The following security fixes are included as part of the mozilla platform. In general, these flaws cannot be exploited through email in Thunderbird because scripting is disabled when reading mail, but are potentially risks in browser or browser-like contexts (MFSA 2018-09, bsc#1085130, bsc#1085671) :
- CVE-2018-5127: Buffer overflow manipulating SVG animatedPathSegList
- CVE-2018-5129: Out-of-bounds write with malformed IPC messages
- CVE-2018-5144: Integer overflow during Unicode conversion
- CVE-2018-5146: Out of bounds memory write in libvorbis
- CVE-2018-5125: Memory safety bugs fixed in Thunderbird 52.7
- CVE-2018-5145: Memory safety bugs fixed in Thunderbird 52.7
SolutionUpdate the affected Mozilla Thunderbird packages.