New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it is different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for ImageMagick fixes the following issues :
- CVE-2017-9407: In ImageMagick, the ReadPALMImage function in palm.c allowed attackers to cause a denial of service (memory leak) via a crafted file.
- CVE-2017-11448: The ReadJPEGImage function in coders/jpeg.c in ImageMagick allowed remote attackers to obtain sensitive information from uninitialized memory locations via a crafted file. (bsc#1049375)
- CVE-2017-11450: A remote denial of service in coders/jpeg.c was fixed (bsc#1049374)
- CVE-2017-11537: When ImageMagick processed a crafted file in convert, it can lead to a Floating Point Exception (FPE) in the WritePALMImage() function in coders/palm.c, related to an incorrect bits-per-pixel calculation. (bsc#1050048)
- CVE-2017-12418: ImageMagick had memory leaks in the parse8BIMW and format8BIM functions in coders/meta.c, related to the WriteImage function in MagickCore/constitute.c. (bsc#1052207)
- CVE-2017-12432: In ImageMagick, a memory exhaustion vulnerability was found in the function ReadPCXImage in coders/pcx.c, which allowed attackers to cause a denial of service. (bsc#1052254)
- CVE-2017-12654: The ReadPICTImage function in coders/pict.c in ImageMagick allowed attackers to cause a denial of service (memory leak) via a crafted file.
- CVE-2017-12664: ImageMagick had a memory leak vulnerability in WritePALMImage in coders/palm.c.
- CVE-2017-12665: ImageMagick had a memory leak vulnerability in WritePICTImage in coders/pict.c.
- CVE-2017-12668: ImageMagick had a memory leak vulnerability in WritePCXImage in coders/pcx.c.
- CVE-2017-13058: In ImageMagick, a memory leak vulnerability was found in the function WritePCXImage in coders/pcx.c, which allowed attackers to cause a denial of service via a crafted file. (bsc#1055069)
- CVE-2017-14224: A heap-based buffer overflow in WritePCXImage in coders/pcx.c could lead to denial of service or code execution. (bsc#1058009)
- CVE-2017-17885: In ImageMagick, a memory leak vulnerability was found in the function ReadPICTImage in coders/pict.c, which allowed attackers to cause a denial of service via a crafted PICT image file. (bsc#1074119)
- CVE-2017-18028: A memory exhaustion in the function ReadTIFFImage in coders/tiff.c was fixed. (bsc#1076182)
- CVE-2018-6405: In the ReadDCMImage function in coders/dcm.c in ImageMagick, each redmap, greenmap, and bluemap variable can be overwritten by a new pointer.
The previous pointer is lost, which leads to a memory leak. This allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service. (bsc#1078433)
- CVE-2017-12427: ProcessMSLScript coders/msl.c allowed remote attackers to cause a DoS (bsc#1052248)
- CVE-2017-12566: A memory leak in ReadMVGImage in coders/mvg.c, could have allowed attackers to cause DoS (bsc#1052472)
- CVE-2017-11638, CVE-2017-11642: A NULL pointer dereference in theWriteMAPImage() in coders/map.c was fixed which could lead to a crash (bsc#1050617)
- CVE-2017-13131: A memory leak vulnerability was found in thefunction ReadMIFFImage in coders/miff.c, which allowed attackers tocause a denial of service (memory consumption in NewL (bsc#1055229)
- CVE-2017-11166: In ReadXWDImage in coders\xwd.c a memoryleak could have caused memory exhaustion via a crafted length (bsc#1048110)
- CVE-2017-12674: A CPU exhaustion in ReadPDBImage in coders/pdb.c was fixed, which allowed attackers to cause DoS (bsc#1052711)
- CVE-2017-12429: A memory exhaustion flaw in ReadMIFFImage in coders/miff.c was fixed, which allowed attackers to cause DoS (bsc#1052251)
- CVE-2017-11637: A NULL pointer dereference in WritePCLImage() in coders/pcl.c was fixed which could lead to a crash (bsc#1050669)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 11-SP4:zypper in -t patch sdksp4-ImageMagick-13476=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11-SP4:zypper in -t patch slessp4-ImageMagick-13476=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Debuginfo 11-SP4:zypper in -t patch dbgsp4-ImageMagick-13476=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.