New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for ImageMagick fixes several issues.
These security issues were fixed :
- CVE-2017-1000476: A CPU exhaustion vulnerability was found in the function ReadDDSInfo in coders/dds.c, which allowed attackers to cause a denial of service (bsc#1074610).
- CVE-2017-9409: The ReadMPCImage function in mpc.c allowed attackers to cause a denial of service (memory leak) via a crafted file (bsc#1042948).
- CVE-2017-1000445: A NULL pointer dereference in the MagickCore component might have lead to denial of service (bsc#1074425).
- CVE-2017-17680: Prevent a memory leak in the function ReadXPMImage in coders/xpm.c, which allowed attackers to cause a denial of service via a crafted XPM image file (a different vulnerability than CVE-2017-17882) (bsc#1072902).
- CVE-2017-17882: Prevent a memory leak in the function ReadXPMImage in coders/xpm.c, which allowed attackers to cause a denial of service via a crafted XPM image file (a different vulnerability than CVE-2017-17680) (bsc#1074122).
- CVE-2017-11449: coders/mpc did not enable seekable streams and thus could not validate blob sizes, which allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service (application crash) or possibly have unspecified other impact via an image received from stdin (bsc#1049373).
- CVE-2017-12430: A memory exhaustion in the function ReadMPCImage in coders/mpc.c allowed attackers to cause DoS (bsc#1052252).
- CVE-2017-12642: Prevent a memory leak vulnerability in ReadMPCImage in coders\mpc.c via crafted file allowing for DoS (bsc#1052771).
- CVE-2017-14249: A mishandled EOF check in ReadMPCImage in coders/mpc.c that lead to a division by zero in GetPixelCacheTileSize in MagickCore/cache.c allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service via a crafted file (bsc#1058082).
- Prevent memory leak via crafted file in pwp.c allowing for DoS (bsc#1051412)
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected ImageMagick packages.