New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 7.4
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for glibc fixes the following issues :
- A privilege escalation bug in the realpath() function has been fixed. [CVE-2018-1000001, bsc#1074293]
- A memory leak and a buffer overflow in the dynamic ELF loader has been fixed. [CVE-2017-1000408, CVE-2017-1000409, bsc#1071319]
- An issue in the code handling RPATHs was fixed that could have been exploited by an attacker to execute code loaded from arbitrary libraries. [CVE-2017-16997, bsc#1073231]
- A potential crash caused by a use-after-free bug in pthread_create() has been fixed. [bsc#1053188]
- A bug that prevented users to build shared objects which use the optimized libmvec.so API has been fixed.
- A memory leak in the glob() function has been fixed.
[CVE-2017-15670, CVE-2017-15671, CVE-2017-15804, bsc#1064569, bsc#1064580, bsc#1064583]
- A bug that would lose the syscall error code value in case of crashes has been fixed. [bsc#1063675]
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP3-2018-55=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP2-2018-55=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-RPI-12-SP2-2018-55=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP3-2018-55=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-2018-55=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP3:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP3-2018-55=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP2-2018-55=1
SUSE CaaS Platform ALL:zypper in -t patch SUSE-CAASP-ALL-2018-55=1
OpenStack Cloud Magnum Orchestration 7:zypper in -t patch SUSE-OpenStack-Cloud-Magnum-Orchestration-7-2018-55=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.