SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update for perl fixes the following issues :
Security issues fixed :
- CVE-2017-12837: Heap-based buffer overflow in the S_regatom function in regcomp.c in Perl 5 before 5.24.3-RC1 and 5.26.x before 5.26.1-RC1 allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service (out-of-bounds write) via a regular expression with a '\N()' escape and the case-insensitive modifier. (bnc#1057724)
- CVE-2017-12883: Buffer overflow in the S_grok_bslash_N function in regcomp.c in Perl 5 before 5.24.3-RC1 and 5.26.x before 5.26.1-RC1 allows remote attackers to disclose sensitive information or cause a denial of service (application crash) via a crafted regular expression with an invalid '\N(U+...)' escape.
- CVE-2017-6512: Race condition in the rmtree and remove_tree functions in the File-Path module before 2.13 for Perl allows attackers to set the mode on arbitrary files via vectors involving directory-permission loosening logic. (bnc#1047178)
Bug fixes :
- backport set_capture_string changes from upstream (bsc#999735)
- reformat baselibs.conf as source validator workaround
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-12:Update update project.
SolutionUpdate the affected perl packages.