New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.4
SynopsisThe remote openSUSE host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update to Mozilla Firefox 52.3esr fixes a number of security issues.
The following vulnerabilities were advised upstream under MFSA 2017-19 (boo#1052829) :
- CVE-2017-7798: XUL injection in the style editor in devtools
- CVE-2017-7800: Use-after-free in WebSockets during disconnection
- CVE-2017-7801: Use-after-free with marquee during window resizing
- CVE-2017-7784: Use-after-free with image observers
- CVE-2017-7802: Use-after-free resizing image elements
- CVE-2017-7785: Buffer overflow manipulating ARIA attributes in DOM
- CVE-2017-7786: Buffer overflow while painting non-displayable SVG
- CVE-2017-7753: Out-of-bounds read with cached style data and pseudo-elements#
- CVE-2017-7787: Same-origin policy bypass with iframes through page reloads
- CVE-2017-7807: Domain hijacking through AppCache fallback
- CVE-2017-7792: Buffer overflow viewing certificates with an extremely long OID
- CVE-2017-7804: Memory protection bypass through WindowsDllDetourPatcher
- CVE-2017-7791: Spoofing following page navigation with data: protocol and modal alerts
- CVE-2017-7782: WindowsDllDetourPatcher allocates memory without DEP protections
- CVE-2017-7803: CSP containing 'sandbox' improperly applied
- CVE-2017-7779: Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 55 and Firefox ESR 52.3
SolutionUpdate the affected MozillaFirefox packages.