New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.9
SynopsisThe remote SUSE host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis update for ghostscript fixes the following security vulnerabilities :
- CVE-2017-8291: A remote command execution and a -dSAFER bypass via a crafted .eps document were exploited in the wild. (bsc#1036453)
- CVE-2016-9601: An integer overflow in the bundled jbig2dec library could have been misused to cause a Denial-of-Service. (bsc#1018128)
- CVE-2016-10220: A NULL pointer dereference in the PDF Transparency module allowed remote attackers to cause a Denial-of-Service. (bsc#1032120)
- CVE-2017-5951: A NULL pointer dereference allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service via a crafted PostScript document. (bsc#1032114)
- CVE-2017-7207: A NULL pointer dereference allowed remote attackers to cause a denial of service via a crafted PostScript document. (bsc#1030263) This is a reissue of the previous update to also include SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 GA LTSS packages.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the SUSE security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionTo install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product :
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP2-2017-866=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SDK-12-SP1-2017-866=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-2017-866=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for Raspberry Pi 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-RPI-12-SP2-2017-866=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP2-2017-866=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2017-866=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-LTSS:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2017-866=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP2:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP2-2017-866=1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12-SP1:zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-DESKTOP-12-SP1-2017-866=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use 'zypper patch'.