This script is Copyright (C) 2011-2014 Tenable Network Security, Inc.
The remote SuSE 10 host is missing a security-related patch.
This update fixes various bugs in XEN :
The following security issues have been fixed :
- A denial of service (Host Crash) in the XEN hypervisor.
- A bug was found in the way Xen handles CPUID instruction
emulation during VM exits. An unprivileged guest user
can potentially use this flaw to crash the guest.
- A 64-bit guest can get one of its vcpus into non-kernel
mode without first providing a valid non-kernel
pagetable. The observed failure mode was usually a hard
lockup of the host (host denial of service).
It fixes also the following bugs :
- SLES 10 SP3 XEN: Device /dev/xvdp is already connected
error when starting multiple vm's. (bnc#654798)
- HVM taking too long to dump vmcore. (bnc#684297)
See also :
Apply ZYPP patch number 7703.
Risk factor :
Medium / CVSS Base Score : 5.5