Federal, state and local government agencies are increasingly attractive targets for cyber adversaries, who continue to grow bolder, more proficient and better funded over time. Government agencies are under extraordinary pressure to maintain constant vigilance against cyber threats and attacks, establishing robust information security defenses, while demonstrating compliance with numerous regulations and standards.
With a deep history of working with federal agencies at every level, Tenable serves the specialized cybersecurity needs of government agencies to protect their complex networks against ongoing threats. Tenable is the most widely deployed vulnerability management solution of the Federal Government and provider of choice for the Department of Defense (DoD), powering its Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) by the U.S. Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA). Tenable technology also supports the Department of Homeland Security’s Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program.
Selected by Department of Homeland Security
Learn how Tenable technology supports the Department of Homeland Security’s Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program.
Automate Vulnerability & Compliance Management
SecurityCenter Continuous View® (SecurityCenter CV™) enables federal agencies to discover, assess and automate compliance and audit reporting to help them mitigate vulnerabilities in their computing infrastructure. Agencies can automate audit processes to establish and demonstrate compliance with HIPAA, PCI DSS, FISMA, Federal IRS Publication 1075, CJIS security policy and many other regulations.
Enhance Mobile & BYOD Device Security
SecurityCenter CV provides federal agencies with the visibility and critical context they need to mitigate the risks introduced by mobile and BYOD (bring your own devices). It discovers and assesses mobile device vulnerabilities, finds rogue mobile devices on the network, identifies policy violations and user productivity drains, and assesses the possibilities of exposure and loss resulting from mobile devices.
Protect Critical Infrastructure
Organizations with Industrial Control Systems (ICS) and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems must protect themselves from rapidly increasing threats and cyberattacks – and at the same time, maintain compliance with strict regulatory requirements. Tenable solutions help ensure the safety of critical infrastructure by discovering and continuously monitoring for vulnerabilities and threats, as well as ICS and SCADA system compliance and security issues. For more information and to download our whitepaper on SCADA network security monitoring, click here.
True Continuous Monitoring
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) requires federal agencies to implement continuous monitoring and risk-based decision making. SecurityCenter CV is the market-defining continuous monitoring platform, providing a unique combination of detection, reporting and pattern recognition utilizing industry-recognized algorithms and models.
The U.S. Defense Information Security Agency (DISA) selected Tenable as the Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) for the Department of Defense (DoD).
To learn more about ACAS on the DISA website, click here.
State & Local Government
Deploy a Shared Services Model
A security shared services model streamlines operations and reduces costs, while reducing risk enhancing compliance with security guidelines, controls and regulations. SecurityCenter CV enables shared services for vulnerability and compliance management with role-based access, user-based modeling and reporting, asset grouping and built-in security intelligence, analytics and automation capabilities.
Meet CJIS & FTI Compliance
Many state and local government agencies are required to meet the CJIS (Criminal Justice Information Services) and FTI (Federal Taxpayer Information) standards in order to handle sensitive information. SecurityCenter CV provides full network awareness to assist with discovery, assessment and reporting so agencies can take action to manage risk and ensure compliance with the CJIS and FTI standards.
Cyber Hygiene Campaign
In conjunction with the National Governors Association (NGA) Governors Homeland Security Advisors Council, the Center for Internet Security and the Council on CyberSecurity launched a security awareness initiative called the “Cyber Hygiene Campaign.” With continuous monitoring, SecurityCenter CV is uniquely positioned to help meet the campaign’s top five priorities for better cyber health.
How Tenable Can Help
SecurityCenter Continuous View® delivers non-stop visibility for the most comprehensive, integrated view of network health:
- True continuous monitoring, with total visibility and actionable insight to help you continuously adjust and improve your security and compliance posture
- Collects data from multiple sensors to provide advanced analysis of vulnerabilities, threats, network traffic and events
- Pre-built, customizable dashboards, reports and Assurance Report Cards® to visualize, measure, analyze and communicate security program effectiveness
The world’s most widely deployed vulnerability scanner, in a version for government purchasers only:
- Features high-speed asset discovery, configuration auditing, target profiling, malware detection, sensitive data discovery and more
- Supports more technologies than competitive solutions, scanning operating systems, network devices, next generation firewalls, hypervisors, databases, web servers and critical infrastructure for vulnerabilities, threats and compliance violations
- Available as both a cloud and on-premises vulnerability scanning and management solution
Non-intrusive network monitoring and profiling to continuously scan and assess your security, available for government agencies:
- Complements traditional Nessus® active scanning with continuous host discovery, effective scanning without credentials, connection tracking and trust relationship identification
- Continuous vulnerability detection on devices, applications and communicating systems
- Real-time network monitoring and deep packet inspection to eliminate blind spots