SynopsisApache 2.4.x < 2.4.33 Multiple Vulnerabilities
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the version of Apache running on the remote host is 2.4.x prior to 2.4.33. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities:
- An out-of-bounds write flaw exists within the derive_codepage_from_lang() function of the modules/aaa/mod_authnz_ldap.c script due to improper handling of 'Accept-Language' header values that are less than two-bytes. A remote attacker, with a specially crafted request, could potentially crash the process. (CVE-2017-15710)
- A ACL bypass flaw exists within the ap_rgetline_core() function of the server/protocol.c script due to improper handling of <FilesMatch> expressions. A remote attacker could potentially bypass restrictions an upload a file. (CVE-2017-15715)
- A data tampering flaw exists in the session_fixups() function of the modules/session/mod_session.c script when forwarding mod_session data to CGI applications. A remote attacker, with a specially crafted request, could potentially tamper with the mod_session data of the CGI application. (CVE-2018 -1283)
- An out-of-bound read flaw exists when hitting a size limit while handling HTTP headers. A remote attacker, with a specially crafted request, could crash the process. (CVE-2018-1301)
- A use-after-free flaw exists when handling the HTTP/2 stream shutdown. A remote attacker could potentially write to already freed memory and crash the process. (CVE-2018-1302)
- An out-of-bounds read flaw exists in the read_table() function of the modules/cache/mod_cache_socache.c script when handling empty headers. A remote attacker, with a specially crafted request, could potentially crash the process. (CVE-2018-1303)
- A flaw exists within the modules/aaa/mod_auth_digest.c script due to improperly generating nonce when sending HTTP Digest Authentication challenges. A remote attacker could potentially conduct replay attacks against the server. (CVE-2018-1312)
Note that the scanner has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade to Apache version 2.4.33 or later.