IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0 < 188.8.131.52 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Medium Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 9714
SynopsisThe remote host is running an application server that is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionThe remote host appears to be running IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0 prior to 184.108.40.206. Such versions are potentially affected by multiple issues :
- A flaw exists that is triggered as CRLF (Carriage Return and Line Feed) character sequences are not properly sanitized before being included in HTTP responses. This allows a remote attacker to inject additional headers into responses to conduct HTTP response splitting attacks. (OSVDB 129046)
- An unspecified flaw exists in the edge component caching proxy that could cause weaker than intended encryption, which may potentially allow an authenticated remote attacker to more easily decrypt information. (OSVDB 131146)
- A flaw exists allowing a reflected cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability due to a failure to properly validate output from the OAuth provider before returning it to users. An authenticated, remote attacker can exploit this, via a specially crafted URL, to execute arbitrary script code in a user's browser session within the security context of the hosting website. (OSVDB 133484)
- A flaw exists that is triggered when handling a connect call that is interrupted. This may allow a remote attacker to crash the plug-in component and cause a partial denial of service. (OSVDB 133992)
- An overflow condition exists that is triggered as certain input is not properly validated. This may allow an authenticated remote attacker to cause a buffer overflow, potentially allowing them to bypass security restrictions and disclose sensitive information. (OSVDB 143035)
SolutionUpgrade WebSphere Application Server to 220.127.116.11 or later.