IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0 < 220.127.116.11 Multiple Vulnerabilities (FREAK)
High Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 9713
SynopsisThe remote host is running an application server that is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionThe remote host appears to be running IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0 prior to 18.104.22.168. Such versions are potentially affected by multiple issues :
- A flaw exists that is triggered as deployment descriptor security constraints are combined with ServletSecurity annotations on a servlet. This may allow a remote attacker to gain elevated privileges. (CVE-2014-8890)
- A security feature bypass vulnerability, known as FREAK (Factoring attack on RSA-EXPORT Keys), exists in the IBM Global Security Kit (GSKit) due to the support of weak EXPORT_RSA cipher suites with keys less than or equal to 512 bits. A man-in-the-middle (MitM) attacker may be able to downgrade the SSL/TLS connection to use EXPORT_RSA cipher suites which can be factored in a short amount of time, allowing the attacker to intercept and decrypt the traffic. (CVE-2015-0138)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists due to a flaw in the Bleichenbacher countermeasure implementation in Apache WSS4J. A remote attacker can exploit this, via a crafted message, to determine where an encryption failure took place, allowing the attacker to gain access to the plaintext symmetric key. (CVE-2015-0226)
- An XML External Entity (XXE) vulnerability exists due to an incorrectly configured XML parser that accepts XML external entities from an untrusted source. A remote attacker can exploit this, via specially crafted XML data, to gain access to arbitrary files. (CVE-2015-0250)
- A privilege escalation vulnerability exists due to a flaw that occurs in 'full' profile and 'liberty' profile when using an OAuth grant password. A remote attacker can exploit this to gain elevated privileges. (CVE-2015-1885)
- A privilege escalation vulnerability exists due to incorrect settings in the 'serveServletsbyClassname' functionality. A remote attacker can exploit this to gain elevated privileges. (CVE-2015-1927)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists that allows an unauthenticated, remote attacker to identify the proxy server software by reading the HTTP 'Via' header. (CVE-2015-1932)
- An unspecified flaw exists in the administrative console that allows a remote attacker, via the 'JSESSIONID' parameter, to hijack a user's session. (CVE-2015-1936)
- A privilege escalation vulnerability exists due to an unspecified flaw that occurs when handling user roles. A local attacker can exploit this to gain elevated privileges. (CVE-2015-1946)
- A security feature bypass vulnerability exists, known as Bar Mitzvah, due to improper combination of state data with key data by the RC4 cipher algorithm during the initialization phase. A MitM attacker can exploit this, via a brute-force attack using LSB values, to decrypt the traffic. (CVE-2015-2808)
- An unspecified flaw exists that allows an unauthenticated, remote attacker to spoof servlets or disclose sensitive information. (CVE-2015-4938)
SolutionUpgrade WebSphere Application Server to 22.214.171.124 or later.