Google Chrome < 40.0.2214.111 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 8582
SynopsisThe remote host is utilizing a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Google Chrome installed on the remote Windows host is prior to 40.0.2214.111. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A use-after-free error exists related to the DOM component. (CVE-2015-1209)
- A privilege escalation error exists related to service workers. (CVE-2015-1211)
- Various unspecified errors exist. (CVE-2015-1212)
Numerous vulnerabilities affect the Adobe Flash Player plugin which is bundled with this version of Chrome :
- Several use-after-free errors exist that allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-0313, CVE-2015-0315, CVE-2015-0320, CVE-2015-0322)
- Several memory corruption errors exist that allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-0314, CVE-2015-0316, CVE-2015-0318, CVE-2015-0321, CVE-2015-0329, CVE-2015-0330)
- Type confusion errors exist that allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-0317, CVE-2015-0319)
- Heap-based buffer overflow errors exist that allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-0323, CVE-2015-0327)
- A buffer overflow error exists that allows arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-0324)
- Several NULL pointer dereference errors exist that have unspecified impacts. (CVE-2015-0325, CVE-2015-0326, CVE-2015-0328)
- A use-after-free error exists within the processing of invalid m3u8 playlists. A remote attacker, with a specially crafted m3u8 playlist file, can force a dangling pointer to be reused after it has been freed, allowing the execution of arbitrary code. (CVE-2015-0331)
SolutionUpdate the Chrome browser to 40.0.2214.111 or later.