Google Chrome < 40.0.2214.111 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 81207
SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Google Chrome installed on the remote Windows host is prior to 40.0.2214.111. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Several use-after-free errors exist that allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-0313, CVE-2015-0315, CVE-2015-0320, CVE-2015-0322)
- Several memory corruption errors exist that allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-0314, CVE-2015-0316, CVE-2015-0318, CVE-2015-0321, CVE-2015-0329, CVE-2015-0330)
- Several type confusion errors exist that allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-0317, CVE-2015-0319)
- Several heap-based buffer-overflow errors exist that allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-0323, CVE-2015-0327)
- A buffer overflow error exists that allows arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2015-0324)
- Several null pointer dereference errors exist that have unspecified impacts. (CVE-2015-0325, CVE-2015-0326, CVE-2015-0328).
- A user-after-free error exists within the processing of invalid m3u8 playlists. A remote attacker, with a specially crafted m3u8 playlist file, can force a dangling pointer to be reused after it has been freed, allowing the execution of arbitrary code.
- A use-after-free error exists related to the DOM component. (CVE-2015-1209)
- A privilege escalation error exists related to service workers. (CVE-2015-1211)
- Various, unspecified errors exist. (CVE-2015-1212)
SolutionUpgrade to Google Chrome 40.0.2214.111 or later.