Apache Tomcat 6.0.x < 6.0.39 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Medium Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 8141
SynopsisThe remote web server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionVersions of Tomcat 6.0.x earlier than 6.0.39 are potentially affected by the following vulnerabilities:
- The version of Java used to build the application could generate Javadoc containing a frame injection error. (CVE-2013-1571)
- The fix for CVE-2005-2090 was not complete and the application does not reject requests with multiple Content-Length HTTP headers or with Content-Length HTTP headers when using chunked encoding. (CVE-2013-4286)
- The fix for CVE-2012-3544 was not complete and limits are not properly applied to chunk extensions and whitespaces in certain trailing headers. This error could allow denial of service attacks. (CVE-2013-4322)
- The application allows XML External Entity (XXE) processing that could disclose sensitive information. (CVE-2013-4590)
- An error exists related to the 'disableURLRewriting' configuration option and session IDs. (CVE-2014-0033)
SolutionUpgrade to Apache Tomcat 6.0.39 or later.