New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 3.7
SynopsisThe remote Apache Tomcat server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its self-reported version number, the instance of Apache Tomcat 6.0.x listening on the remote host is prior to 6.0.39. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- The version of Java used to build the application generates Javadoc containing a frame injection error.
- The fix for CVE-2005-2090 was not complete and the application does not reject requests with multiple Content-Length HTTP headers or with Content-Length HTTP headers when using chunked encoding.
- The fix for CVE-2012-3544 was not complete and limits are not properly applied to chunk extensions and whitespaces in certain trailing headers. This error allows denial of service attacks. (CVE-2013-4322)
- The application allows XML External Entity (XXE) processing that discloses sensitive information.
- An error exists related to the 'disableURLRewriting' configuration option and session IDs. (CVE-2014-0033)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade to Apache Tomcat version 6.0.39 or later.