IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0.0.x < 18.104.22.168 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Medium Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 700045
SynopsisThe remote host is running an application server that is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionThe remote host appears to be running IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0.0.x prior to 22.214.171.124. Such versions are potentially affected by multiple issues :
- An unspecified flaw exists that is triggered when handling a specially crafted HTTP method. This may allow a remote attacker to gain access to potentially sensitive cookie and authentication data, which can allow the attacker conduct further, more serious attacks on the system. (CVE-2014-3021)
- A flaw exists in the administrative console that allows a stored cross-site scripting (XSS) attack. This flaw exists because the program does not validate input before returning it to users. This may allow an authenticated remote attacker to create a specially crafted request that would execute arbitrary script code in a user's browser session within the trust relationship between their browser and the server. (CVE-2014-4770)
- A flaw exists in the administrative console as HTTP requests do not require multiple steps, explicit confirmation, or a unique token when performing certain sensitive actions. By tricking a user into following a specially crafted link, a context-dependent attacker can perform a Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF / XSRF) attack causing the victim to perform unspecified actions. (CVE-2014-4816)
- A flaw exists that can allow a context-dependent attacker to spoof the OpenID and OpenID connect cookies with a specially crafted URL. This may allow the attacker to gain access to potentially sensitive information. (CVE-2014-6164)
- An XXE (Xml eXternal Entity) injection flaw exists in the Communications Enabled Applications (CEA) service that is triggered during the parsing of XML data. The issue is due to an incorrectly configured XML parser accepting XML external entities from an untrusted source. By sending specially crafted XML data, a remote attacker can gain access to potentially sensitive information. (CVE-2014-6166)
SolutionUpgrade WebSphere Application Server to 126.96.36.199 or later.