Safari < 4.0.4 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Medium Nessus Network Monitor Plugin ID 5232
SynopsisThe remote host is vulnerable to multiple attack vectors.
DescriptionThe version of Safari installed on the remote host is earlier than 4.0.4. Such versions are potentially affected by multiple issues :
- An integer overflow exists in the handling of images with an embedded color profile, which may lead to a heap buffer overflow. (CVE-2009-2804)
- Multiple use-after-free issues exist in libxml2, the most serious of which may lead to an unexpected application termination. (CVE-2009-2414, CVE-2009-2416)
- An issue exists in Safari's handling of navigations initiated via the "Open Image in New Tab", "Open Image in New Window", or "Open Link in New Tab" shortcut menu options. Using these options within a maliciously crafted website could load a local HTML file, leading to the disclosure of sensitive information. (CVE-2009-2842)
- An issue exists in WebKit's implementation of Cross-Origin Resource Sharing which could lead to cross-site request forger attacks. (CVE-2009-2816)
- Multiple vulnerabilities exist in WebKit's handling of FTP directory listings. Accessing a maliciously crafted FTP server may lead to information disclosure, unexpected application termination, or execution of arbitrary code. (CVE-2009-3384)
- When WebKit encounters an HTML 5 Media Element pointing to an external resource, it does not issue a resource load callback to determine if the resource should be loaded. This may result in undesired requests to remote servers. (CVE-2009-2841)
SolutionUpgrade to Safari 4.0.4 or later.