SynopsisThe remote host contains a web browser that is affected by several vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Safari installed on the remote Windows host is earlier than 4.0.4. Such versions are potentially affected by several issues :
- An integer overflow in the handling of images with an embedded color profile could lead to a crash or arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2009-2804)
- Multiple use-after-free issues exist in libxml2, the most serious of which could lead to a program crash.
- An issue in the handling of navigations initiated via the 'Open Image in New Tab', 'Open Image in New Window' or 'Open Link in New Tab' shortcut menu options could be exploited to load a local HTML file, leading to disclosure of sensitive information. (CVE-2009-2842)
- An issue involving WebKit's inclusion of custom HTTP headers specified by a requesting page in preflight requests in support of Cross-Origin Resource Sharing can facilitate cross-site request forgery attacks. (CVE-2009-2816)
- Multiple issues in WebKit's handling of FTP directory listings may lead to information disclosure, unexpected application termination, or execution of arbitrary code. (CVE-2009-3384)
SolutionUpgrade to Safari 4.0.4 or later.